• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    One possibility is that it's just right after the heavy Christmas buying season when some folks are cash poor (paying cc bills, etc.). If I was on the 'gun show circuit' (selling), it'd be the time in the year I'd take off for bit!
    Texas SOT

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    One possibility is that it's just right after the heavy Christmas buying season when some folks are cash poor (paying cc bills, etc.). If I was on the 'gun show circuit' (selling), it'd be the time in the year I'd take off for bit!

If HRC had been elected it would be a different story.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    If HRC had been elected it would be a different story.
    I made that comment to my daughter at the last show we went to that was right after the election.

Looking at a table of ARs and I said add a one to the front of all the prices. The dealer nodded in agreement.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The firearms market is stagnant at the moment. A lot of vendors loaded up on the anticipation that HRC was going to win the election. Given that didn't happen, they are holding on to their inventories in hopes that the demand may go up in the near future. Right now nobody is buying as the threat of greater restrictions is gone so everyone is expecting prices to drop. So it's basically a waiting game...

Still, despite what the fun burglars say, gun shows are still an enjoyable experience for us! Where else will you be able to look and fondle such a vast array of weapons? And, for those of us who are collectors, there's usually a better selection than what you'll find at sports stores or even gun shops. Lastly, if the show is large enough, price shopping is a lot easier (although having the SlickGuns app on your phone helps!). Even if I don't buy anything (which is more often the case than not), it's a couple of hours of hanging out with similarly-minded individuals and appreciating the world of firearms. So, while maybe you can save a few bucks by ordering online, you then have to pay for shipping and transfer fees, then wait days or even weeks for the firearm to show up; whereas at a gun show you get to walk out with your purchase. I for one prefer that quicker process!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom