• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I've seen many threads with complaints about today's gun prices. This isn't one, and I don't want to go down that road.

I just wonder, when they pass whatever legislation eventually gets through....will today's prices look good? If another assault weapon ban is enacted, will prices stay where they are today or continue to go up? After time passes, does it seem feasible that prices would actually drop a bit, once the excitement dies down (even with a ban in place)?
    Target Sports

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    If the next ban is as harsh as the Dems want. Prices now will look good because you won't be able to legally buy an AR, AK, FAL or the likes again.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If there is a Feinstein type ban it will be illegal to sell any AE and the ones not registered will be black market items. The price will be extremely high and you will become an instafelon.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I expect something will get passed, but I don't expect it to be extremely harsh....simply because they have to moderate it enough to make it passable. I could be be wrong, that is just my thought.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I firmly believe the very best they can hope for is another "ban" on new purchases similar to the previous ban. Even that would likely be a watered down version compared to anything currently being proposed.

All these morons want is a "win" so they can pronounce us all "safe" in the media. Most Americans are stupid enough to believe that...

For the record, I am certainly not supporting any kind of "win" on their part.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I agree with Z, I was going off worst case scenario.

Honestly, if nothing passes regarding AR sales I see the prices coming back fairly quickly. The market has already began to die on the $2500-$3000 dollar ARs. Those who still want one aren't willing to pay those prices anymore and that is what will drive the prices back to what I consider a reasonable level.

If the first round of bills fail with a good majority it should put enough confidence back in the market to help decrease the number of "panic buyers" and further help to lower prices.

I hope so anyways.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    I agree with Z, I was going off worst case scenario.

Honestly, if nothing passes regarding AR sales I see the prices coming back fairly quickly. The market has already began to die on the $2500-$3000 dollar ARs. Those who still want one aren't willing to pay those prices anymore and that is what will drive the prices back to what I consider a reasonable level.

If the first round of bills fail with a good majority it should put enough confidence back in the market to help decrease the number of "panic buyers" and further help to lower prices.

I hope so anyways.
    I was looking at EE on arfcom today, and prices on stripped lowers are starting to get in the $250 range now.

Top Bottom