• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Anyone have one? How's this for a handy little lever-action rifle. I love mine. Can shoot .38 Spl bulk ammo in it and makes for a good home defense gun too if need be.

Texas SOT

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I don't have one, but I've shot one, and loved it.

Another option is an Uberti. Shot one of those, but it was less smooth than the Marlin, IMO.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    I have an early one without the crossbolt safety and rebounding hammer. I also have its big brother in 44 magnum.

Love them both and would NEVER get rid of them. Fairly accurate, totally reliable and sweet shooting guns, period.

I'd ditch alot of other rifles in the safe before getting rid of the 357 or 44 mag Marlins!

- brickboy240

hangtree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    South Texas
    Contratulations!

Yep, I got one. Also have the 44mag stainless and the 30-30 - all Marlins. Most favorite to shoot seems to be the one I have in hand at the time.

mjohnson6565

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I've got one. Added XS ghost rings and LOVE it. Light, easy to handle, and accurate. One of my favorite rifles.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I had a 336 .30-.30 killed my first deer with it, it was the first gun that I bought when I was 16, but I traded it for a stupid bow that I hate. and the guy I traded it to loves it and won't sell it back to me.:( :banghead:
    anyway nice gun!

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I had a 336 .30-.30 killed my first deer with it, it was the first gun that I bought when I was 16, but I traded it for a stupid bow that I hate. and the guy I traded it to loves it and won't sell it back to me.:( :banghead:
    anyway nice gun!

Yes I too had a 336 in .30-.30 and parted with it. Sometimes I do things that seem logical at the time, but find later that I really messed up!!!!:banghead:

Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Converse(San Antonio)
    Yes I too had a 336 in .30-.30 and parted with it. Sometimes I do things that seem logical at the time, but find later that I really messed up!!!!

Yea' like the time I sold an SKS for a hundred bucks? I could be SO RICH RIGHT NOW! LOL

Oh and back on topic, I wish I had one badly!

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I am about to go to lunch here in a few minutes. I think I will run over to WalMart and see if they can order one for me in .357. We will see how lucky I am in one being available. :rolleyes:

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Yes I too had a 336 in .30-.30 and parted with it. Sometimes I do things that seem logical at the time, but find later that I really messed up!!!!

Yea' like the time I sold an SKS for a hundred bucks?

I can empathize. I had two 336's, one with a straight stock, and one with a grip stock (I think one was called a 336A, the other a 336C). Both were in mint condition when my dad bought them for me and my brother at a gun show some 30 years ago. Having barely used them, they were both still in 99% condition when I sold them about 15 years ago. I can't even recall what gun(s) I used the funds to purchase...and that pisses me off too.

It wasn't long after that that I gave away 2 SKS's and 2 MAK90's. Yeah, they were all Norincos, but if you've seen the prices that even the Chicom stuff is bringing these days.......:banghead:

I am going to make up for it a little bit tomorrow...picking up a Winchester 94 30-30 (pre-safety) from an individual seller.

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I am about to go to lunch here in a few minutes. I think I will run over to WalMart and see if they can order one for me in .357. We will see how lucky I am in one being available. :rolleyes:

My results? "None available and none expected to be available any time soon!"

Oh well. I didn't really expect to be able to get one. I was tempted by a model 336 W in 30-30 for $347.00 though. Except the one on the rack didn't have a scope on it?? Maybe it was in the box or the store had the wrong tag for it. I didn't look at it that closely.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Except the one on the rack didn't have a scope on it?? Maybe it was in the box or the store had the wrong tag for it.
    We don't need no stinkin' scope on a lever gun (except a 308 marlin) Okay now the serious part. look into a Henry they've got em, not as cheap as Marlin but they've got em.

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    We don't need no stinkin' scope on a lever gun (except a 308 marlin) Okay now the serious part. look into a Henry they've got em, not as cheap as Marlin but they've got em.

Ok, I will check with them. I work in a strip center that shares the Wal Mart parking lot. I should drop in every morning to see their ammo supply. I am not sure why I haven't already been doing that. I have several boxes of 30-30 ammo. I either need to give it to someone or buy something that shoots that ammo. I would rather have a rifle that shoots the .357/.38. A lot cheaper to shoot!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Yeah, I traded my 336 for the bow to go on a bow only hog hunt, then sold all the ammo to pay for the arrows.
    didn't even kill a @%#$%^#^^ pig :banghead: I have to stop talking about this now or my fiance i gonna be mad when I buy another one.

Top Bottom