• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boatfloater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Holds 14 rounds. Makes a pop, doesn't go boom. The kick is but a light tap on the shoulder. The bullets are small and cheap, but they always go where you aim them.

We've always had a Marlin squirrel gun in our house. Good for dispatchin' varmints, or boogers. Take your pick.

60.gif
    DK Firearms

jim t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    I have a model 60 and a model 99 ( the same as a model 60 but made before it came out). now my model 60 holds 18 round, it was made before they cut it down to 14. and it is a great shooting gun. acurate and fun.

sbw9056

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Katy,TX
    I also have a Marlin model 60. It's not a bad gun, but it does like to jam occasionally. My Ruger 10/22 is much more reliable.

Vicente

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    SW Houston
    A great, fun, affordable little rifle for all age groups. All my female friends and little sister who are afraid to shoot my bigger guns love to shoot it, and my 12 year old nephew has a squirrel special that he loves. Sadly I live in the city so I only get to shoot it at the range. I have one for sale here if anyone's interested.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I tear mine down and use a lot of bore cleaner and then go back with a light oil and it works great till about 500 rounds sometimes less depending on ammo

sbw9056

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Katy,TX
    I tear mine down and use a lot of bore cleaner and then go back with a light oil and it works great till about 500 rounds sometimes less depending on ammo
    I have probably put a few thousand rounds through mine. I guess I need to clean it.

lv125403

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    which is more accurate>>Marlin 60 or Ruger 10/22 (18 1/2 barrel)

I am getting ready to buy a semi-automatic .22 and was wondering which gun would be best. I owned a Marlin 60 when I was a kid and it shot dead on, but have always hated the tube magazine. I traded, I thought UP, for a 10/22 carbine (16.5 inch barrel) and lost a lot of accuracy. I hear the 10/22s are very accurate, and am wondering if I may have gotten a lemon when I bought my 10/22, or that maybe the longer barrel model is more accurate. I do so love the 10/22 action, but want accuracy too.

I also have a Marlin model 60. It's not a bad gun, but it does like to jam occasionally. My Ruger 10/22 is much more reliable.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    I have a Marlin Model 60 also which I put a inexpensive Burris scope on, so it looks and shoots pretty good. My wife has a stainless Ruger 10/22 with the extended barrel and with a Butler Creek banana clip that's kinda fun to shoot. We seldom shoot the 22's anymore but sometime take my S & W 22A pistol to the range for some cheap plinking thrills or if we have a newbie with us that's afraid of big noises and a little recoil.

Patrón

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    San Antonio
    nice marlin
    I'm a huge marlin fan and just dug my 783 .22mag out of the closet.
    only time i've heard of a 60 jamming was with cheap ammo.

lv125403

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    What about accuracy?

What about accuracy? If your 10/22 is a standard carbine, I would like to know how it compares in accuracy alone to your marlin model 60. I just bought a new 10/22 because I like the box magazine over the tube magazine of a marlin, but I feel I made a bad choice because it shoots more than a 2 1/2 inch group at 50 yards and I don't even want to talk about it's 100yd accuracy. I had a model 60 back in my youth and remember trimming tree limbs at 50 yards with iron sights. This is my second 10/22 carbine and I love it's action, so I convinced myself that my first 10/22 was just a lemon. The fact that so many people reccomended the 10/22 helped sell me on it, but now I wonder if they too was just hooked on the action.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I don't have a 10/22 anymore, but my Marlin Mod 60 shoots a ragged quarter sized hole at 50yds with a Simmons .22 Mag 4x32 scope on it. I don't shoot it much at paper at 100yds, but I hit a crow at about 160yds with it a couple of weeks ago. Of course it was pure luck that I calculated the holdover correctly at that distance and it was the third try as well.

Top Bottom