• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2nd Abeliever

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Texas
    Hi all. Greetings. I came across a used Marlin 45/70 Government 1895 model rifle the other day. Excellent condition. My question is, ?what are these usually going for nowadays? As I mentioned, it is used but to my eyes (I'm no pro now!), it looked very clean and barely used/shot. Any input? Thanks in advance.
    Capitol Armory ad

holy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    houston
    Hi all. Greetings. I came across a used Marlin 45/70 Government 1895 model rifle the other day. Excellent condition. My question is, ?what are these usually going for nowadays? As I mentioned, it is used but to my eyes (I'm no pro now!), it looked very clean and barely used/shot. Any input? Thanks in advance.

buy it
    side note: i think the 45-70 is also the original chamber of the gatling gun

Fleetman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's not much that needs doing that a .45-70 can't do. Standard velocity rounds are easy on the shoulder and sufficiently powerful enough for most situations.....throw in some B/Bore "+P's" or Garrets and you're near .458 performance. In respect to high-velocity .45-70's; I've been beaten worse by rifles in my time but the .45-70 HV's can give a licking on their own. <GRIN!!>

Top Bottom