• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I ran into one of these yesterday for $150, new. Being without a .22lr (thanks CCPD ) I fondled it. I didn't expect it to be as light as it was but it fit just right. I'm going to try and sneak out today and see if I can bring it home

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    They are good I bought the wife a stainless one a few years back and its great and pretty darn accurate. The only downfall is that they jam pretty easy if they get very dirty.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I have two of them. One scoped and one not. I thoroughly enjoy them. If you want to scope it the Simmons .22mag scopes are great and inexpensive. We took out 2 coons with them last night. The little rascals were eating the corn from our feeder.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    that was my very first gun. i got it 6 yrs ago. i love it. i put a bushnell scopechief on it and it is scary accurate. keep it clean, and you wont have any problems with it. the only thing about mine that i dont like is its tube fed so its a pain in the ass to load while in a truck.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Good to hear its got a good reputation. I had a little Tasco 3x9 scope on my previous .22 and it did the job. I took it off unless we were out hunting though. I was much quicker at sighting without it.

The other night I took the dog out and I heard something big and dumb crashing around in the tree along the fence. I grabbed Maglight and sure enough it was a big ol possum with dark racing stripes. He was so big his ears made him look like a raccoon.

Not sure I would have been able to take a shot at it though where we live. Even rat shot would have been a gamble with him on top of the fence. Down low though...maybe.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Ok, I'm not going to go get it. I have it on good authority (my gut, powers of deduction and Tim's not good at secrets or fooling) that Tim ran back and picked it up for my Christmas present. He was suppose to be going to Walmart to pick up a few icicle lights for the house.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have one that's older than I am. It's accurate and reliable. Never had an issue with it getting dirty - it has to get really dirty before it'll stop on me. Last time I was shooting I decided it was getting time to clean it again. Pulling back the bolt, I felt more resistance than usual and felt/heard that wonderful "crunch" of a too-dirty rimfire.

They can be had used for about $100 used. If you get a model with a plastic stock, they're a bit lighter. You can buy Marlin replacement stocks at Brownell's IIRC. I think I got the Marlin plastic stock for mine for about $30...

My only complaints are the tube mag (six of one, half dozen of the other on that, though - I'd find gripes with the box, too) and the stock is a Monte-Carlo style that isn't too comfortable for using iron sights. It's definitely a scoped rifle. Mine works good with a cheap 4X on it, I'm going to upgrade to a better 3-9 next time I get it out, though. It was hitting golf balls at 100 yards about one out of three attempts.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I have one that's older than I am. It's accurate and reliable. Never had an issue with it getting dirty - it has to get really dirty before it'll stop on me. Last time I was shooting I decided it was getting time to clean it again. Pulling back the bolt, I felt more resistance than usual and felt/heard that wonderful "crunch" of a too-dirty rimfire.

They can be had used for about $100 used. If you get a model with a plastic stock, they're a bit lighter. You can buy Marlin replacement stocks at Brownell's IIRC. I think I got the Marlin plastic stock for mine for about $30...

My only complaints are the tube mag (six of one, half dozen of the other on that, though - I'd find gripes with the box, too) and the stock is a Monte-Carlo style that isn't too comfortable for using iron sights. It's definitely a scoped rifle. Mine works good with a cheap 4X on it, I'm going to upgrade to a better 3-9 next time I get it out, though. It was hitting golf balls at 100 yards about one out of three attempts.

The older ones seem to be alot better on the jaming issue the one I have and the one's Ive seen jam seem to be newer ones.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    "RP", as it's known, is a Model 60 that's had plenty of service life and has claimed all sorts of critters. It's pretty accurate (baseball sized groups at 50 yards all day) and loves anything you feed it. "RP" is the custom painted Rick Perry autographed special edition.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The wood stock is a complete blank slate. It would be fun to do some carving or something on it when the time came.

Re Tube feed

It would be my first tube fed. Dad has his at the house that we use and it was my first experience with a tube feed (shoots lr and shorts IIRC). My Papoose only had a 7 shot magazine and it took me forever to go through a brick of bullets. 7 shots, reload...repeat..... And I never bought extra mags. I always wanted to try that banana clip. I figured it would be a jam-o-matic but why not?

Reloading the tube is a little awkward but I'mmnot going into battle or anything where I need to reload quickly.

I want my new gun now!

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I bought a stainless one about 6 months ago and didn't like the trigger pull. I cleaned it out and polished everything, cut a coil or two from the trigger spring and it's a lot better. There are other things to do that would make it a more complete trigger job and I will when I have some time but it shoots great now. Very accurate with iron sights. Just horrible with the cheap scope that came with it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hah, see I had the opposite experience. I actually took the irons off mine since I don't plan on using it without a scope. I saved them, but...

I got a very cheap scope (Tasco Pronghorn - $20) that won't really hold zero very well, and a set of horrible, cheap aluminum rings for something stupid like $3 new. Very accurate with ammo it likes until the scope works its way off the receiver.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom