• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Ok folks, I use to own the Marlin Camp 9 and loved it.
    Awesome gun of fun in 9mm.
    Accurate, simple and cheap to shoot.
    I sold it for a fantastic profit back in 1995 and of course turn one gun into three.
    I have regretted that deal ever since.

Has anyone owned both and can give me a hands on comparison of the two?

I would love to have another 9mm carbine but I would hate to buy a Hi Point and find I could have spent that coin on another platform.

My days of the black gun are over.
    Done that, loved it, but just not my thing anymore.

I would like to have another Marlin Camp 9 but hell if you can find one they are still bring the same money as they did new.

PS I put this in general firearms so not to piss of the real rifle guys! LOL!!!!!
    Target Sports

txsnowman2k2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    had a hi point 9mm carbine... had a strange harmonic at the stock to your cheek... i filled the stock with foam and the problem went away... loved this little shooter just wish i could have found a larger round mag... have an camp 45...........ABSOLUTE LOVE SHOOTIN THIS THING... nuff said...tx.

richard597

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    SW Oklahoma
    I have the Camp 9 and Hi Point 995. Love both. I put the after market stock on one of my Hi Points and kept the other one factory.

All three are a joy to shoot. If I could only find and afford ammo.

The Hi Point is not very attractive and has it's rough edges, but it goes bang everytime I pull the trigger.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I have the Camp 9 and Hi Point 995. Love both. I put the after market stock on one of my Hi Points and kept the other one factory.

All three are a joy to shoot. If I could only find and afford ammo.

The Hi Point is not very attractive and has it's rough edges, but it goes bang everytime I pull the trigger.
    I would even consider making a wood stock for the HP but not sure how the trigger assembly is laid out. Hmmmmm research!
    I want a sporter type rifle. My black gun days are long gone.

Thanks y'all!!!!!

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Marlin Camp Carbine with a capital M .....Hi Point makes firearms for the bargain seeker, reports are that they shoot okay but the comparison is akin to canned beans vs. a grilled steak....

byronw999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Grand Prairie, Texas USA!
    I havent had any of the others but on a whim I bought one of the Hi-Points last year.. What the heck it was $159 new... I havent been able to find ANY ammo it wont gobble up... With the rear peap and hooded front sights it's lightning fast for target aquisition...

I only bought it as a stepping stone till I could afford to build a 9mm AR.. I've had nothing but trouble with the 9mm AR...Was jamming every other round, changed to a different mag block now it only jams every 3-4 rounds... Big whoop! I'll prob sell off the AR and keep the Hi-Point as it goes bang every time!

txsnowman2k2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    hp is hard to beat for the money but when it comes down to attrition, quality and parts, good ole marlin is the way to go. the cool thing about the hp is someone just recently came out with a replacement stock that looks like the beretta storm...+++on the cool "low buck"storm look...tx

Top Bottom