Marlin M60 thumbhole stocks

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by Wraith, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Wraith

Wraith Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
  2. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hmm. How heavy is it?

3. Wraith

Wraith Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    Not sure, I'll weigh it when mine gets here. I'm waiting for the next round of walnut thumbholes again.

4. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hmm. Might just stick with the replacement stock I got - the plastic stock they made for the synthetic version is light. And I like it that way. :p

5. Wraith

Wraith Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    Woohoo! Goodies in the mail! Just got to find time to smooth and finish it.

Attached Files:

6. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Looks like it'd be great with a dark stain.

Is it much more comfortable than the standard stock? I have to admit that I find the standard version a tad short for my taste...

7. Wraith

Wraith Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    It is quite a bit more comfortable than the original. I'm going to weigh them at work to see the difference but they feel really close.

8. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    You took a wood stock off it, or plastic? The plastic weighs practically nothing.

9. Wraith

Wraith Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    I took off a wood stock. I'm not sold on the plastic on the M60, I feel the character of the rifle leans more towards wood. Do they make a normal looking plastic stock? All I have ever seen are those god-awful tacti-cool stocks.

10. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yep, synthetic stocks are available right from Marlin! They're very light, which took a bit of getting used to at first.

Marlin Model 60SN

I can't remember where I got my stock, it's been a few years. It was a new factory replacement, though. I think I tossed my wood stock because it was beat to crap (hey, I bought the rifle for $10).