• ...and so much more!
  • Radarscratch

I void warranties.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Westminster
    Looking for a little advice. I picked up this used .22lr rifle for my son last year. First 300 or so rounds went fine, then it started having problems extracting.the spent casings. ive cleaned it, replaced the extractor and still not wanting to work right. These rifles are fairly simple, what am I missing?

Thanks in advance...
    DK Firearms

Radarscratch

I void warranties.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Westminster
    ive.scrubbed it good. its a.metal claw, spring is fine just the extractor doesnt grab the casing.

Extractor looks like this;

Attachments

• 402940.jpg
      402940.jpg
      37.8 KB · Views: 169

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I wasn't clear about the exact malfunction. If the fired round isn't pulled from the chamber, it is probably the extractor. If the shell isn't tossed clear of the action, it's the fault of the ejector. The ejector on those rifles is a piece of heavy wire held in place by a single big head screw. It is very common for that screw to come loose or to be loosened during cleaning which moves the ejector out of position. It's easy to eyeball the ejector back into position and then secure the screw.

Flash

Radarscratch

I void warranties.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Westminster
    Yes, the round, fired or not, isn't pulled back by the extractor. I've replaced that extractor with a new one, yet still not pulling the casing out. Does the extractor need to be "adjusted" when installed?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Never had the extractor malfunction on any of my marlin rifles. The ejector issue has come up several times.

Heck yes, bend it! There's nothing sacred about it and that may fix it. A LITTLE bend goes a long way. The right hand side grips the rim so when the ejector pushes, the round flips out the ejection port. The left side is a base for the extractor to push against and it must not hold onto to the case.

Flash

Top Bottom