• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Pretty pleased with myself today. Went to the gun show today (Austin) and as expected everything was overpriced.. while browsing around I saw a sporterized MAS 36 that was pretty dirty for $75 and I thought about it, looked down the barrel and it was filthy. So in the end I walked away from the table, but when I got home it kept on nagging at me, so I looked it up online and saw the prices on MAS, there was a rifle just like it cleaned up selling for $175 on GB... so I sped back up the show and sure enough it was still there. Bought it, cleaned out the bore and minus some light pitting it's pretty damn servicable with deep dark rifling grooves. Still cleaning it right now, I'll post pics when I'm done. So I'm pretty stoked that I got one for half the price and no shipping or FFL fees :)

Might end up getting a new barrel later on and setting it up in its original configuration.
    ARJ Defense ad

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Still in 7.5x54, barrel was cut and crowned right after the front sight. Barrel had a little piece of threaded metal welded onto it so the shortened front stock could be attached via a screw-in front sling swivel. Still cleaning it up, when I purchased it you couldn't even see the rifling, but it's looking like it's going to be a good bush gun until I pick up a new barrel and front stock set.

Top Bottom