• ...and so much more!
  • TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I think I like the old view of a mob. You were guilty for being there. We didn't have to sort it out.

Now the good guys are, sorta, guilty for being there & definitely have to sort it out. Meanwhile, the bad guys get the drop on us.

Sounds like ROE in OEF/OIF. Ugh.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I think I like the old view of a mob. You were guilty for being there. We didn't have to sort it out.

Now the good guys are, sorta, guilty for being there & definitely have to sort it out. Meanwhile, the bad guys get the drop on us.

Just my opinion, but the "good" protestors should leave the area when the "bad" infiltrates. Or the good should drive off the bad.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    So much truth in what he's saying.

Byrd666,

FWIW, he used to belong to GUNHUB.COM, when it was BATTLERIFLES.CON long ago. = I corresponded with him often back then & LIKED his comments to the discussions.

One day he simply disappeared, W/O any notice/obvious reason.

I wondered at the time if he was BANNED, as I was in NOV 20. = I made the moderator mad by saying that he should be AT LEAST MINIMALLY POLITE, to new members & that he should RESIGN as a MOD if he was unable/unwilling to be NICE to other members. = He banned me that same evening, too.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

TX OMFS,

IMO, the main-SLIME press will HAPPILY LIE about any GOP member of a demonstration & I can assure you that we TEA PARTY folks were LIED ABOUT & ACCUSED of everything disgusting that you can think of.
    (For one LIE, the DC press accused TEA PARTY MEMBERS of PUBLIC DEFECATION & CURSING/ABUSING "persons of color". = I was there with my "sister of the heart", "EVA" & what ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC & even PBS accused the TP members of doing was KNOWINGLY FALSE & a PACK OF LIES. FYI, Eva is the FEMALE equivalent of a PAPAL KNIGHT, DEVOUTLY Roman Catholic & even "quite prudish" in behavior. - She was accused of using FILTHY & OVERTLY RACIST LANGUAGE toward a Congress-critter,)

yours, satx

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I made the moderator mad by saying that he should be AT LEAST MINIMALLY POLITE, to new members
    Conceptually, I like that idea. Experience hurts, though. I was minimally polite to a new member on here a couple of days ago. That gave that member, DerekSmith 1, just enough cover to rip off another member for $200. I'm sure you'll look him up, find the thread, and see where I gave him a polite warning instead of summarily banning him. I hope you'll agree with me, in hindsight, that he didn't deserve that minimal courtesy.

As a mod, over time, I'm becoming less and less a fan of being polite toward new members. It's on them to prove their value to the community, first.

My thoughts are evolving and not set in stone. If anyone really wants to discuss this, start a new thread and PM me a link. No need to derail this one any further.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    benenglish; All,

ImVho, if a staff member REFUSES to be POLITE & behave in DECENT manner to "new members" who make "mistakes of fact" or even say something "stupid', that staffer is UNFIT to BE a staff-member, as the staff's deportment REFLECTS upon EVERY member of a forum.

ONE of the problems of HAVING moderators is that over time a large percentage of staff-members become overawed with their own importance & tend to become "tin-pot tyrants", who seem to believe that their OPINIONS are ALWAYS perfect & therefore vastly more important than what anyone else may believe/say. = That's ONE reason that I believe that NO moderator should serve the various WWW forums for more than a year to 18 months.

just my OPINION, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    benenglish; All,

ImVho, if a staff member REFUSES to be POLITE & behave in DECENT manner to "new members" who make "mistakes of fact" or even say something "stupid', that staffer is UNFIT to BE a staff-member, as the staff's deportment REFLECTS upon EVERY member of a forum.

ONE of the problems of HAVING moderators is that over time a large percentage of staff-members become overawed with their own importance & tend to become "tin-pot tyrants", who seem to believe that their OPINIONS are ALWAYS perfect & therefore vastly more important than what anyone else may believe/say. = That's ONE reason that I believe that NO moderator should serve the various WWW forums for more than a year to 18 months.

just my OPINION, satx

Moderators and Administrators aren't elected or paid to manage and direct traffic on a forum. They do it for free.

And membership on any public forum is purely voluntary on the part of the members and as such we are guests on that forum and therefor subject to the rules of that forum. The moderators and administrators enforce those rules.

And yes, some moderators to tend to get power hungry and heavy-handed sometimes, and I have been the recipient of some in the past on other forums, and many times, thought their actions were unfair. Oh well, life sometimes is unfair. Big deal. Get over it and move on I say. People are just as rude in real life as they are on the internet. Get over I say.

Last I checked, no one is forced to show up here on this forum or any other forum that I know of. If rude people are such that it offends someone's delicate nature, maybe they should take up knitting instead and stay off the internet.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Axxe55,

SOME "mods" ARE PAID. - Depends on the forum.
    Further, IMO, even "volunteers" should behave with at least minimally good behavior, good manners & simple common decency.
    (CALLING members filthy names, cursing at the members & other similar conduct should END the "mod's" tenure, IMMEDIATELY & FOREVER.)

I dislike "permanent mods" for the SAME REASONS that I want TERM LIMITS for ALL Federal appointees & elected officials.
    (NO person is IRREPLACEABLE & 10 YEARS should be the limit for all federal elected & appointed positions, including Congress-critters, judges & federal bureaucrats.)

just my OPINIONS, satx

Top Bottom