• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    They had a blurb about it on the local news 4 or 5 days ago about the various masks and their effectiveness. What I see on the the EPA website shows it to be somewhat higher for both cloth and surgical masks: https://www.epa.gov/sciencematters/...e-masks-disinfection-methods-against-covid-19
    Michael Regan, whom heads the EPA, is a diversity hire that also happens to believe in environmental racism and climate change. I would trust what comes out of the EPA about as much as I would trust that Dr. Fauci doesn't have a vested interest in promoting COVID mandates.
    Gun Zone Deals

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    Pull your kids. Kick the schools in the wallet. Homeschooling is legal and effective.
    In my eyes that’s letting them win. Kids will miss out on all the social interactions and school sports that also add to the person they become. We have to show up to school board meetings, run for school board (which I plan to do) to force change.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    In my eyes that’s letting them win. Kids will miss out on all the social interactions and school sports that also add to the person they become. We have to show up to school board meetings, run for school board (which I plan to do) to force change.
    One can hope that schools will improve, but the damage isn't due just to mask mandates. There are other ways to gain social interactions and sports. Pubic schools, IMO, have declined over the decades. I see students fresh from graduating high school that struggle with the basic concept of learning. Yet, from my experience, those that are home schooled seem better prepared for learning.

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    One can hope that schools will improve, but the damage isn't due just to mask mandates. There are other ways to gain social interactions and sports. Pubic schools, IMO, have declined over the decades. I see students fresh from graduating high school that struggle with the basic concept of learning. Yet, from my experience, those that are home schooled seem better prepared for learning.
    I totally agree that the current public school systems suck. That’s why I will continue to vote for people that are pro school choice (money tied to student). In the mean time we can slow the corrosion of our schools by getting involved.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    We need school vouchers, but they were killed in the last legislative session…it wasn’t even close.

685c7456e73707f701e98225bd6d23f1.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nitemask

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    San Antonio
    Well it went pretty good today. They put mask mandates in place. I talked to the principal and the teacher. My son is not required to wear the mask in school. No in between classes (helps that thy are in one of the putside portables). Only on the bus (and we will drop/pick him up). Principal didn't seem like she was much into the mandate either, and she seemed to understand our concern. The teacher was also not for masks and does not wear hers much in class. We will see how it went today when my son gets home. If it was all a line of BS, he is done until the mandate goes through the appeal and then the TX Supreme Court.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Its better to be safer than sorry.
    I second that, what does that mean? I believe in vaccines, I believe there are face masks that may reduce the risk of the wearer from catching covid, I don't believe that 99.9% of the masks being worn by the public do anything to protect the individual wearing them from disease. You want protection, get the vaccine.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Numbers are Not accurate and nothing to
    Live by never have been never will be. They are about as accurate as the news or weather reporters.
    If your kid, wife, parents or all die of Covid what will you believe then?
    Everyone believes in something but not everyone believes the same.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Its better to be safer than sorry.

Yeah, you're right. It's better than nothing to have chain-link fencing over a front screen door to deter flies and mosquitos. :facepalm:

Pretty much EVERYONE I see wearing a mask is using the blue disposable ones or store bought/ homemade cloth ones. These are 100% useless. I don't see people wearing N95 or 100 masks anymore, both which are slightly effective against viruses, depending entirely on fit.

In today's society, the act of wearing masks is virtue signaling, nothing else.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I got a bunch of defective Chinese kn95 masks at a really good price early on. I know they aren't n95, but they are better than blue paper and fit my beak better.

They are defective, because the strap welds on some pull off immediately. They hold up better than surgical masks though, and I leave them on my dashboard between uses to 'renew' them.

I wear one when I have to!

A local EMS person told me yesterday that our little town has gone hot with Covid in the last week (She's a neighbor, and called me because a couple people had asked if I had died. They'd seen an obit for someone with the same name). I wouldn't be surprised that a lot of the tests are false positives..., but with summer came tourism. As far as I know there had only been 4 cases previously. I would think we are probably vax resistant as a community, we certainly have been mask resistant... So, it's no big surprise that there could be a surge.

I have few, but will be more careful in my contacts and more likely to wear a mask locally.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I got a bunch of defective Chinese kn95 masks at a really good price early on. I know they aren't n95, but they are better than blue paper and fit my beak better.

They are defective, because the strap welds on some pull off immediately. They hold up better than surgical masks though, and I leave them on my dashboard between uses to 'renew' them.

I wear one when I have to!

A local EMS person told me yesterday that our little town has gone hot with Covid in the last week (She's a neighbor, and called me because a couple people had asked if I had died. They'd seen an obit for someone with the same name). I wouldn't be surprised that a lot of the tests are false positives..., but with summer came tourism. As far as I know there had only been 4 cases previously. I would think we are probably vax resistant as a community, we certainly have been mask resistant... So, it's no big surprise that there could be a surge.

I have few, but will be more careful in my contacts and more likely to wear a mask locally.
    I read that the real masks tie in the back and the counterfeit ones slip over the ears. Unless you work in a hospital it matters not what you use.

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    I went to my local school board meeting last night with about 80 other parents that wanted to keep the opt out option available. According to the district they only had 9% of the kids do the opt out they claim. My sons say it’s closer to 25% without masks. Leander ISD did masks for all and had over 5x more positive tests. Our school board followed their lead. Even after a pediatric icu doctor told them that there are only a few kids that are admitted for Covid and none are real sick. She did say that RSV is the cause of the busy ICU currently.

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    As of today, our ISD (CyFair) is still not enforcing Dora's (Harris County) mask mandate. Don't know what percentage of the kids are wearing them (it can be hard to get details out of our kindergartner), but when we were at the meet the teacher/orientation on Friday I would say only 25% of the parents and kids were wearing masks.

Top Bottom