• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Matt Pina, the libertarian candidate for Land Commissioner who lost to P. Bush is throwing his hat into the ring to for Mayor in an attempt to stop the Alamo redevelopment plan. Anyone who wants to save the Alamo should throw their support behind him. This is a non-partisan election so the candidates are not officially backed by any particular party. I think his Hispanic name may actually give him a decent shot at getting votes in San Antonio if he can get his name out there to more people.

https://www.facebook.com/VoteMattPina/posts/2274775606138094
    It's official! Today I filed my paperwork to run for Mayor of San Antonio.

In order to take our city back and put a stop to the Alamo plans and future plans like it, I will need to raise $150,000 by January 31st.

This money will be used to put my name and face in front of every person who lives in San Antonio, spread information about the Alamo plans (as many even in San Antonio are still unaware of what's going on), and bring awareness to other issues the city of San Antonio is facing (and yes, there are other city council pet projects being funding with public dollars besides reimagining the Alamo).

Please spread the word that I need to raise $150,000 by January 31st to win the city of San Antonio Mayor election. Any donation will help me reach this goal. Any donation will help us retake our city. Thank you for your support.
    Military Camp

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    No chance, and it's ridiculous to support a candidate solely based on one issue...

Plus, ask Beto how well having a "Hispanic name" works.
    Lastly, but most importantly, if you're going to run for the mayor of a city, at least know how to spell it! :spank:

upload_2018-11-14_7-54-8.png

That lack of attention to detail loses any chance he had of getting my vote!

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Trying to think of the last time San Antonio elected a mayor that was not previously on the city council.

Phil Hardberger did it. Only one as far back as 1973

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The mayoral position in San Antonio is pretty much limited to presiding over meetings of the City Council, but even then the position does not wield executive authority or veto power. Rather, the mayor has one vote (out of 11) on the council; and the city manager, appointed by the City Council, has true executive power (the city charter gives the manager the responsibility to "execute the laws and administer the government of the city"). Otherwise, the main duties of the mayor consist of ceremonial responsibilities, such as issuing proclamations.

Piña sounds like another Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, someone wants to hold public office but has no idea of the responsibilities or authorities of it! The City Council already voted 9-2 in favor of the Alamo redevelopment plan on October 18th. Specifically, the council voted to close adjacent streets, pursue contracts for the repair and relocation of the Cenotaph, and approve a 50-year lease and management agreement with two 25-year renewals, with the Texas General Land Office. These actions allow the plan as a whole to move forward. Even current mayor Ron Nirenberg supported it.

How Piña proposes to "put a stop" to that is beyond me, he fails to explain any plan to do so on his website. He would have had a chance if he won the Land Commissioner election, but we all know how that ended!

Once again, it just sounds like someone blowing sunshine up peoples' asses in an attempt to get them elected!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom