• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Well this one of those WTF was the driver thinking!
    The driver hit a queen size mattress and kept driving until one of the springs whipped around and punched a hole in the gas tank at which time the vehicle finally came to a halt.(ran out of gas)
    The driver claims she never heard any noise - yeah, right
    Needless to say her claim for repairs under her vehicle service contract was denied. She just could not understand why she was not covered for road side mattress damage???? ROFLMAO

I have been adjusting VSC claims for over 20 years and this is in the top 5 of the dumbest vehicle owners I have ever seen.

Notice the looks on the faces of the shop techs, that says it all!!!
    Military Camp

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Bust out the angle grinder on that one, and you'll have that sucker off quick.

Probably need a new pinion seal, though. :p

Looks like a Chevy truck to me.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Most probably it's going to take a pinion seal, drive shaft (badly out of balance now) carrier bearing and fuel tank.
    She drove it 30 plus miles before the spring punched the gas tank.
    We see these kind of things all the time but this was one of those !OMG - WTF! type claims.

It amazes me how people can spend buckets of money on a vehicle and expects the manufacture or the Service Contract Company to pay for their stupidity.

I have not spoke to the adjuster that handled this claim today but I would suspect the vehicle owner will sue us and the shop.
    If she draws a liberal judge we may have to pay for these repairs even though it is clearly NOT a defect in parts or workmanship.:banghead:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Most probably it's going to take a pinion seal, drive shaft (badly out of balance now) carrier bearing and fuel tank.
    She drove it 30 plus miles before the spring punched the gas tank.
    We see these kind of things all the time but this was one of those !OMG - WTF! type claims.

It amazes me how people can spend buckets of money on a vehicle and expects the manufacture or the Service Contract Company to pay for their stupidity.

I have not spoke to the adjuster that handled this claim today but I would suspect the vehicle owner will sue us and the shop.
    If she draws a liberal judge we may have to pay for these repairs even though it is clearly NOT a defect in parts or workmanship.:banghead:

I hope that she's not going to sue... this pic is at least a year old. I've seen it before.

Service contracts... what a PITA to deal with. It's like trying to get water from a stone with you guys!

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Seen that before on the TundraTalk forum. It was a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and apparently the only thing that really stopped it was the lack of fuel from the fuel tank being punctured.

Doesn't matter what vehicle your in, you probably shouldn't run over a mattress period.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I hope that she's not going to sue... this pic is at least a year old. I've seen it before.

Service contracts... what a PITA to deal with. It's like trying to get water from a stone with you guys!

Claim date 4/17/2009 - not a year old.
    If there is another instance like this out there I would love to see it.
    I have to agree that some VSC company are a real PITA as I have work for one.
    The company I work for now has a very good claims attitude.
    Look for every possible way to buy the claim, if no avenue can be found to cover the repair then the claim is a solid denial and will hold up in court.
    As long as the contract was properly rated then there is no need to look for ways out of the claim.
    The problem is most VSC companies under rate their products to be competitive and have to hold the line and not give the consumer what they paid for.
    It is very sad how some of these companies take in premium and try and pay out as little as possible.
    Always research who the under writer of the contract is. Then who does the administration.
    A good VSC is under written by a "A++" or higher insurance carrier and the administrator needs to have been around for 10 years or longer.
    This insures a quality product and fair administrator.

Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas
    Doesn't matter what vehicle your in, you probably shouldn't run over a mattress period.

Lonewolf, please do not read this the wrong way. You are absolutely right!

However, this has to be one of the funniest quotes I have seen! The funny thing is that someone had to say it!

If we ever start a "Funny Quote" thread, this has to be on it!

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I have to admit, that it funny, very funny.

What's sad is that it took a Idahoan to come up with it.

You might have to read it 2-3 times before it starts to set in, but you'll laugh!!

That mattress photo is kind of old though, its been on the tundratalk forum since last year I believe it was posted in September of last year.

Top Bottom