• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My favorite shotguns are the Remington 1100 semi auto and the 870 pump. I've also had a nice collection of Mossberg Maverick 88's and Mossberg 500 shotguns

I've taken the Mossberg 88 and 500 shotguns apart side by side and found no more than a nickles' worth of difference between them except that the 500 has the safety on the tang and the 88 is in the trigger housing. I find NO justification for a $100 price difference!.

Yes, aftermarket barrels fit both with no modifications. Ads won't tell you that, but it's true.

Don't hesitate to consider either Mossberg shotgun. They'll do well for you.

Flash
    Hurley's Gold

MuscleCarMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    Texas
    My favorite shotguns are the Remington 1100 semi auto and the 870 pump. I've also had a nice collection of Mossberg Maverick 88's and Mossberg 500 shotguns

I've taken the Mossberg 88 and 500 shotguns apart side by side and found no more than a nickles' worth of difference between them except that the 500 has the safety on the tang and the 88 is in the trigger housing. I find NO justification for a $100 price difference!.

Yes, aftermarket barrels fit both with no modifications. Ads won't tell you that, but it's true.

Don't hesitate to consider either Mossberg shotgun. They'll do well for you.

Flash
    I like your signature

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Everybody knows you are supposed to wait until the officer exits his vehicle and yell loudly out the window "I'VE GOT A GUN!" while holding it up so that they are aware and can see that you aren't a threat.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    If you are near DFW, come to the meet on Dec 2nd in Fort Worth. I can bring whatever you want to try out. Shotguns, handguns, rifles whatever.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Everybody knows you are supposed to wait until the officer exits his vehicle and yell loudly out the window "I'VE GOT A GUN!" while holding it up so that they are aware and can see that you aren't a threat.
    Well certainly, and I would further say to hold it in a way that the officer can see down the barrel to make sure it's not loaded.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    If you want a good reliable first time shotgun get something that is tried and true. Older Winchester Model 12 and Remington 870s shotguns can he found rather cheaply, if you look. Many are in good shape physically.
    I once had a Model 12 (12 ga) made in the late 70s. It was by far the smoothest operating shotgun I have ever owned. I let a friend talk me out of it back in the late 80s. I have kicked myself every since.
    There is just something about a well made classic that new firearms can't match.
    Besides, the Model 12 and 870 are like a Chevy engine. Everybody has parts for them.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    If you want a good reliable first time shotgun get something that is tried and true. Older Winchester Model 12 and Remington 870s shotguns can he found rather cheaply, if you look. Many are in good shape physically.
    I once had a Model 12 (12 ga) made in the late 70s. It was by far the smoothest operating shotgun I have ever owned. I let a friend talk me out of it back in the late 80s. I have kicked myself every since.
    There is just something about a well made classic that new firearms can't match.
    Besides, the Model 12 and 870 are like a Chevy engine. Everybody has parts for them.

That really is good advice. Plus you can get them right. Every pawn shop in town has them.

Eckolancer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Plano
    Wife loves her maverick 88 as home defense shotgun I added a front handle for easier loading of shell into chamber.
    c39b606cd15792cc0ffe4c8e9168fc01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    I once got a great deal on a Mossberg 500... $80, because the safety was broken... cheap part, and swapping out was easy.

Wound up with less than $100 in it, and sold it when somebody offered me more than twice that. I don't even own a pump 12ga right now... only semi-autos

Top Bottom