Capitol Armory ad

May 16, 2015...A Major anniversary For Me!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Hopefully, your experiences will benefit someone who needs help.

It's pretty humiliating to admit to how screwed up my life became. I did a lot of bad things and hurt a lot of people. I stand accountable for that. It's not an easy tale to tell but I'm not that way any more.

The 12 step programs say that once you scrape your stuff together, it's time to share your story of "experience, strength and hope" for others who may need to hear it. Someone reading this thread needed to hear the message.

AA is listed in any phone book. On the other end of the line, a person who has been where you are and understands......... is waiting for your call. There is a better life awaiting. Check it out!

Flash

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    Don't know you but wanted to give you the congratulations you have earned. Have highly addicted parents (pain pills and alcohol) and I'm almost 40 now and they still haven't got with the program. I chose to do the opposite of them and fortunately after 21yrs in the army, major surgeries with morphine and fentanyl prescriptions I have never became addicted to anything but caffeine. That alone is a bugger to kick. You did well man!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My father returned from WW2 an alcoholic. Mom was just plain nuts. They've made movies about the kind of physical abuse we had in our home. I left at 17 years of age, never to return.

Unfortunately, my father and his alcohol abuse steered me into my own misbehavior. It wasn't a guarantee that I'd be a substance abuser, but it sure helped.

Sorry about your misfortunes but thankful that the demon didn't get its grips on you.

As to drugs, I've long felt that our approach to anti drug education is all wrong. We tell people that drugs are bad. Anyone who does drugs knows that's not true. Drugs are like being screwed to death by the best lover you ever had!

Flash

Top Bottom