• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    So many states passing good and even great gun laws. Making life easy for the law abiding folk. But not here in Texas.
    Here we hear there is not enough interest in change. We get lip service and if legislation does happen its an abortion of a bill like Open Carry. This state has been leaning right for 20 years now and where are we? Back of the pack. Doing the Obama thing, that's leading from behind.
    Why did none of the big gun makers move here? Because we are just hot air. And its really hot.
    At the rate things move in this seemingly backwards state, California weenies will have little trouble taking command here. Slugs like LT. Gov. Patrick would sell out out in a heartbeat. Maybe its time to meander on to somewhere that smells of freedom. rather then the stench of dried up laurels that have been sat on for too long.
    And to those that have to comment about being glad to see us go, remember were leaving the Californians behind. Your voting block is shrinking, melting away like the wicked witch of the west.
    Your taxes can pay for wave machines in the Gulf since surfing here is not as good as back home.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So getting getting open carry, campus carry, reducing the requirements (class hours) for a LTC, along with a lot of other small pro gun laws being passed is not enough for you? We've been getting pro gun laws passed every year lately.

What exactly makes open carry, an "abortion of a bill"?

If you don't like it, then leave it, but don't you dare try to tell us Texas is falling behind. It's a damn good state, and it does more to protect our rights, and increase them than the Feds ever have. Is it perfect? No. Is it anywhere near as bad as your trying to make it out to be? Hell no.

It is still one of the freest states in the union, and it just keeps getting freer.

God bless Texas.

Texas-Flag.jpg

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Don't let the door hit you in the ass as you leave.

So many states passing good and even great gun laws. Making life easy for the law abiding folk. But not here in Texas.
    Here we hear there is not enough interest in change. We get lip service and if legislation does happen its an abortion of a bill like Open Carry. This state has been leaning right for 20 years now and where are we? Back of the pack. Doing the Obama thing, that's leading from behind.
    Why did none of the big gun makers move here? Because we are just hot air. And its really hot.
    At the rate things move in this seemingly backwards state, California weenies will have little trouble taking command here. Slugs like LT. Gov. Patrick would sell out out in a heartbeat. Maybe its time to meander on to somewhere that smells of freedom. rather then the stench of dried up laurels that have been sat on for too long.
    And to those that have to comment about being glad to see us go, remember were leaving the Californians behind. Your voting block is shrinking, melting away like the wicked witch of the west.
    Your taxes can pay for wave machines in the Gulf since surfing here is not as good as back home.

bignic83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    West of San Antone
    Having come from another state, good luck with that. You really don't know how good you have it here. I believe in the signature i have below. I wish I was born here, but I ain't leavin!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If you live in one the liberal thresholds I certainly could understand your sentiment, but that's not Texas as a whole. If you are that easy to give up on Texas, seems Texas don't need ya, just sayin.

ThirdCoast2A

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    We are escaping CA and will be in TX next Wednesday. My family couldn't be more excited to be moving to a state that believes in it's citizens rights and freedom. God bless Texas!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    So getting getting open carry, campus carry, reducing the requirements (class hours) for a LTC, along with a lot of other small pro gun laws being passed is not enough for you?
    Of course not; is it for you? Personally I won't be satisfied until 46.02 is repealed entirely.

That doesn't mean Texas isn't a great place to live in many other aspects. For instance this is pretty important:
    We have the best self defense laws in the country. Hands down.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'm so glad that you posted the OP. My view of life in Texas was very positive and, as some of the other members suggested, we made gigantic positive progress in a sea of national, Liberal negativity. Thanks for setting me straight!

Adios, amigo. We will try to soldier on the best that we can, without you!

Flash

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just curious as to what state he's leaving Texas for? I travel around this country a lot, and wonder which one is better than the Lone Star State as it's not evident when I visit...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom