• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • POLICESTATE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 12, 2016
    Wylie, TEXAS
    Moving to McKinney tomorrow, looking for one or two good gun stores in town or close by. Stores that have good selections of guns, accessories, ammo, etc... knowledgeable sales staff is optional :)

I appreciate any suggestions folks might have!
    Military Camp

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    There is GunGeartoGo at 75 and Parker or is it Park in Plano
    Gunmasters at Ave K and Spring Creek. Just east of 75 on the west side of Ave K.
    Bullet Trap on Ave K just Northeast of Park.

Those are the three in DFW that I know of which are closest to you. Don't know of any in McKinney.
    Also Cabela's in Allen just off 75 if you consider that a gun store.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Front sight firearms and runner runner Guns are both in Mckinney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POLICESTATE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 12, 2016
    Wylie, TEXAS
    Front sight firearms and runner runner Guns are both in Mckinney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to Front Sight Firearms today, nice store. Not a huge amount of selection but they had what I needed and I was not expected to see both a minigun and an MG42 on display. I think I overheard them telling another customer they are planning to move soon, I did notice they had one of those "smoke shops" next door and those are really just pothead shops. Probably a good idea to get away from that.

I picked up some Lancer magazines, they look pretty decent, can't wait to give them a whirl.

GoodInTexas.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    You should stop by Cabelas. You might be surprised at the prices. And a TON of guns in that place. I have purchased about 6 guns from them. They have great prices on their used guns.

gsleon3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2016
    Allegiant Rifleworks. Small shop, but prices & some really good referrals/connections for custom work, machining & finishing. Smattering of the common SA, Sig, etc stuff, but also a nice selection of PMPC, MPX & PMPX models.

Mycin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    McKinney
    Went to Front Sight Firearms today, nice store. Not a huge amount of selection but they had what I needed and I was not expected to see both a minigun and an MG42 on display.

FYI, for items not in stock, you can place an order from their website (http://shop.frontsightfirearms.com/) and pick it up at the store with no shipping charges. I've bought some ammo and a magazine from them this way. It may take a week or two for it to arrive (I think it just comes in on the next scheduled shipment), but they normally email or call you when your order is in. I had one order be lost and have to be re-ordered, but that was during the 2015 Christmas rush.

big hoff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    Runner runner Guns and cabelas are my 2 of choice in Mckenney allen area. if you do end up going to RRG make sure that you inspect the finish on the gun finishes. I have been sold an upper with a blem and i didnt notice till after i shot the gun and they tried to say that it wsa my fault for not noticing. so just FYI.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Believe it or not, Gebo's has a halfway decent gun counter in their feed & ranch store. Same shopping center as Front Sight. Other than that, looks like this thread has it covered. GunGearToGo is my usual go-to for anything Cabelas doesn't carry.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Did you buy anything? I'm about 40 miles from them but last year I went there to buy an AR. lol that same gun can be had for $100 cheaper today. :banghead:

Didn't make it there.
    Wife had "other plans".
    I've got a couple more weeks at Lake Ray Roberts.
    I'll find time.

98chrysler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Gunmaster has a good selection of reloading powder, primers and equipment. That is where I find myself spending a lot of my local dollars. For guns it is difficult to beat the internet. Grab a Gun is in Coppel and that is as close to local as I get for buying guns.

Top Bottom