• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    This will be interesting to see how the gun was bought, used, etc. Anybody know the gun laws in that state?
    DK Firearms

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    News stories I saw said she was 20 years old. Federal law prohibits anyone LESS than 21 years old from buying a handgun. Something doesn't smell right here.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    She bought the gun 2 nights before the shootings. If she's 21, she's 21. I'm surprised to see laws challenged on this case, considering we argue all the time, it's not the guns, it's the wacko people that kill. If she couldn't legally buy a gun, she could easily buy a stolen gun off the street.

If they know when she bought it, it's possible she already had her mind made up. And might explain her mental condition which also lead to the DWI.

The situation is just bad all around for her. 20 yr. old star struck girl, gets a new Escalade partnered with him, owns her condo (don't know details but...) and knows she's not going to be saying I Do and becoming Mrs. McNair. Put a 20 yr. old girl in that situation and it's an emotional train wreck. If he didn't die, he needed to have his man parts removed.

Doesn't excuse her doing what she did, but it's done.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I'm more curious about this case as it is unusual for a woman they normally won't shoot themselves in the head and the number of shots the man was hit with surprises me, just an opinion here but I would like to know more, personally I feel there is more to the story.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    His wife got into the condo, found her gun, shot her in the head while she slept, then shot him multiple times & stuck the gun under the mistress body....

Texsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    He needed to have his man parts removed? WTF? I love when people comment not knowing the facts of the relationship.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    He needed to have his man parts removed? WTF? I love when people comment not knowing the facts of the relationship.

He, a 37 year old ex-sports star with money, involved himself with a 20 year old girl, while married with 4 kids, bought her an expensive vehicle (all we know so far) and what's been said so far, he wasn't part of special Big Brother program. :p

If the story changes and it was not a sexual relationship, I may change my opinion. For now, based on what's been made public, he screwed up.

On the flip side is defending him without knowing the facts of the relationship.

Texsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    All completely legal...having money,legal. Dating a 20 year old, guess what, also legal. Buying her a car, pssst again legal!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

No one here is talking about stoning someone to death. Jesus was not telling people not to judge when he told the crowd that. And if you will read the rest of the story (thank you Paul Harvey), he then admonished the prostitute to "go and sin no more".

I won't stone you for your behavior, but I should and will judge you. It is called discerning.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    All completely legal...having money,legal. Dating a 20 year old, guess what, also legal. Buying her a car, pssst again legal!

You can be a legal POS just as you can be a criminal POS.

Adultery is a dangerous thing, not even talking about the morality and the problems with breaking an oath before God.

The story of person cheats on partner, the other partner finds out, pops a top and kills everyone involved is a cliche because it happens.

I don't know the facts of the case. It could be the wife, the girlfriend, the girlfriend's (ex)boyfriend, or some garden variety nut-job. I do think that this guy would be alive if he hadn't been messing around.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea

Definitely not the way to go about trying to live a long a fruitful life... Money and 20 year olds seem to always without fail be inherently evil... And well escalades... Well they're not my taste at all...

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

What does that have to do with anything?

Are you saying a grown man should use the law for his moral compass? If it's legal, it's cool?

Top Bottom