• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    It has been shown that I know little to nothing about things I share or comment on. I have never professed to know everything about anything. Merely a regurgitation of information from my limited experience. I am old school and the world is passing me by.
    That being said, I defer to the "authority."

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Black powder pistols, I think....
    You sir are correct. I run into people all of the time that will pick apart ANYTING you say. The ones that always have a bigger and better idea or something they do than anyone else. My way of handling them is to let them have their way because having a discussion is not worth the effort. I dislike confrontation and my contribution or experience is pointless. I have better things to do elsewhere.
    I defer to The Authority and let it go at that.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Mad John, I feel like I've come to know you, at least a little. I've shot with Moonpie more times than I can remember. You're both learned men.

Trust me; if the two of you could get together for a shoot, you'd wind up friends for life.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Mad John, I feel like I've come to know you, at least a little. I've shot with Moonpie more times than I can remember. You're both learned men.

Trust me; if the two of you could get together for a shoot, you'd wind up friends for life.

Moonie's resume is a little short compared to John. More knowledgeable than most but no comparison, IMHO

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois

Ben, of that I have no doubt. I am not a bit put off, really. He and I have very different ways of approaching another's information.
    I am really old school in my dealings. I ask and suggest with discussion and never confront. Confrontation brings unwarranted resistance where conversation and dialogue of sharing information satisfies both sides. Like, what about and what if or what do you think of this, even have you tried this or that? In dealing with academics in Museum staffs their world is like stepping through a mine field of questions and specifics.
    No problem here!
    I hope this makes sense.
    Many of my meetings and talks with them take on an almost professorial approach to sceptics and researchers.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I'm not judging relative experience. I'm just saying that online communications sometime fall well short of helping people understand each other.

Mad John and Moonpie would get along great in real life. I firmly believe that.
    Ben, I do whole-heartedly agree. read my other reply?
    I wish that I could engage in self depreciation but I'm just not very good at it.
    It is Not so much as being self depreciating as the successful Art of Argumentation. When to actually argue and when it is a far more diplomatic approach to back off. Simply leaving the ball in their court and at a later date revisit the issue in agreeable discussion? Then every one wins.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    You sir are correct. I run into people all of the time that will pick apart ANYTING you say. The ones that always have a bigger and better idea or something they do than anyone else. My way of handling them is to let them have their way because having a discussion is not worth the effort. I dislike confrontation and my contribution or experience is pointless. I have better things to do elsewhere.
    I defer to The Authority and let it go at that.

I married one! Figure that out. Now she complains I don't talk to her as much.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    My last comment. I have a decision or could be a dilemma to ponder. I ma not a Texan nor live in Texas so I am geographically challenged or just an outsider sticking his nose in your forum.
    I do stick my nose in many places that it shouldn't be stucked...lol
    That being said, I have been pondering over the idea of becoming a "Life Member" member. The cost is not an issue in any way, it's just the "Life" thing. Almost like a sentence to be served...LOL! On the other hand, for "Life" is a bit like a marriage proposal (now that IS creepy) LMAO! Creepy is somehow a fun place to me because I live there.
    The other side of this coin is, my time is slowly running out. Not an actual date or time but I have cheated "the Reaper" more times than I care to revisit. WOW What a concept... that does make me laugh... no kidding.
    Pardon this ranting but this is the essence of Mad John.
    Like the words to the song "Mad John", "All of the mothers and children from behind their curtains, say beware of Mad John!"
    Here is something really creepy.
    The signature is from Gunnar Hansen "Leather Face" from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie....
    DSC_0716-a.jpg
    DSC_0717-a.jpg

Top Bottom