Join TexasGunTalk

MEAN ARMS ENDOMAG 9MM Mag Conversion For AR Platform

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by EZ-E, Aug 31, 2018.

1. EZ-E

EZ-E Infidel Patriot

May 4, 2017
    Cypress
    I just came across these guys & seems they have a pretty cool option instead of the normal mag block adapters for 9MM conversion. Instead of the magblock, you take a GEN2 or GEN3 PMAG for 5.56, empty the guts & insert the new guts with spring & feed ramp from MEAN ARMS in the housing of your PMAG.

I figured i'd be a guinea pig & see how they go since i have a 9MM pistol build going on right now based on a 5.56 lower. I figure it would still give me the same muscle memory & actions to release the magazine & not have to worry about dropping the adapter out of the magwell when switching a magazine.

Hopefully i have them in by the time the TGT get together happens.

https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/endomag-9mm-preorder

at the 4min mark they live fire a few rounds

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    MTA89 and Sam7sf like this.
  2. sucker76

sucker76 Don't let the username fool you

Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    I'd like to hear about real world feeding. It looks like it uses pmag feed lips so the bullet is unguided between the mag feed lips and the chamber. Am I correct?

It looks great if the sales pitch is 100%

Sam7sf likes this.
  3. EZ-E

EZ-E Infidel Patriot

May 4, 2017
    Cypress
    feed lips are the same ...since your using the pmag housing, but the follower is different.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  4. sucker76

sucker76 Don't let the username fool you

Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    Thanks. Mostly commenting to get an update when you receive the adapter. Did Mean give a delivery timeframes on the pre orderm

5. EZ-E

EZ-E Infidel Patriot

May 4, 2017
    Cypress
    I'll keep this thread updated once they arrive & let everyone know pro's/cons. Nope, no delivery time... just what's on the website ... "Pre-orders projected to have deliveries sometime late summer."

I did call & leave a message about time frames... "what's considered end of summer" 2 weeks or 2 months. Hopefully i get a call back today, that would give me a little better felling on the customer service, especially since they have a "lifetime warranty" on the mag inserts.

6. Sam7sf

Sam7sf Well-Known

Apr 13, 2018
    Bedford
    Thanks for sharing. I’m very interested.

7. EZ-E

EZ-E Infidel Patriot

May 4, 2017
    Cypress
    I got a call back within 2 hrs, missed the call, but they did leave a message. Said they will be shipping pre orders mid September.

If that holds true I should have them before the TGT Get Together & let everyone check them out.

On a side note... I did get all my parts ordered today to finish my build. Earlier in the week I ordered & recieved my Blitzkrieg piston buffer today along with my BCG from Spinta.
    All I'm waiting on is forward assist, birdcage & a dust cover & she will be complete!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Darkpriest667 and Sam7sf like this.
  8. Darkpriest667

Darkpriest667 Well-Known

Jan 13, 2017
    Fort Worth
    sign me up as interested.. would love to have an AR-9

9. EZ-E

EZ-E Infidel Patriot

May 4, 2017
    Cypress
    Got the ENDO MAGS today... Hot Wells is open tomorrow, if weather is good when I get home I will poke some holes in some paper & let yall know how it goes. If not the indoor range is open on Thursday & will test out then.

20181022_174855.jpg

orbitup and toddnjoyce like this.
  10. orbitup

orbitup Sticker Cop TGT Supporter

Nov 6, 2010
    South of Dallas
    Looking forward to your report.

Vaquero likes this.