• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MjdTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Houston(ish)
    I have been browsing the classified ads here and see "FTF" quite often. What does it mean?

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    hehe face to face, fail to feed fail to function ... depends on the context.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    In boating it means "Failure to Float"...as in "When my mother-in-law fell over the side during that tight turn, she experienced FTF"...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    In NATO it means F*** The French!

Of course, NATO itself means Not After Two O'Clock unless it is Friday, then it's Not After Twelve O'Clock!

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    FTF = eyeball to eyeball, seller to buyer. Ability to discern if either is lawfully able to conduct firearm transaction, actually see and hold firearm to evaluate, form an opinion of the honesty and value of the fireartm, and to eliminate the BATF's red tape and paperwork as well as their record on file of the transaction.

MjdTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Houston(ish)
    FTF = eyeball to eyeball, seller to buyer. Ability to discern if either is lawfully able to conduct firearm transaction, actually see and hold firearm to evaluate, form an opinion of the honesty and value of the fireartm, and to eliminate the BATF's red tape and paperwork as well as their record on file of the transaction.
    I can certainly appreciate that.

You guys are going to think me crazy but I've got my eye out for an inexpensive 38 revolver. I love that weapon. You guys have some really really really nice hardware. Some of it I will never be able to obtain. I sure would like to put one of those AR-15s together.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I can certainly appreciate that.

You guys are going to think me crazy but I've got my eye out for an inexpensive 38 revolver. I love that weapon. You guys have some really really really nice hardware. Some of it I will never be able to obtain. I sure would like to put one of those AR-15s together.

i just got lucky on getting one of those.
    the .38 i mean, now i jsut have to find some damn ammo for the thing.

also

"For Sale - Parachute, Only Used Once - Never Opened. Small Stain."

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    You guys are going to think me crazy but I've got my eye out for an inexpensive 38 revolver.
    Not crazy. It's a great idea to buy whatever floats your boat because that's what you'll practice with the most. If revolvers are your thing, then go for it. Academy had Rossi .38s on sale this past weekend for $207. Dunno if the sale is still going or not, but they'll probably have it again in a few months.

MjdTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Houston(ish)
    Not crazy. It's a great idea to buy whatever floats your boat because that's what you'll practice with the most... If revolvers are your thing, then go for it. Academy had Rossi .38s on sale this past weekend for $207. Dunno if the sale is still going or not, but they'll probably have it again in a few months.
    Thank You and I will certainly go look and keep my eye on Academy. I dont know why but I never have Academy in mind when considering a weapon.

Lastshot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Texas
    I bought a nice taurus SS Model 85, 38 special 5 shot. I like it for a truck gun. For all the bad press, I think 38 special is a prety nice load.

Top Bottom