• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I'm not one to laugh at this tragedy.

I've spent so much time in Mexico that if cartels weren't in charge I'd live there.

The people (for the most part, like anywhere) are wonderful.

So much of it is breath taking beautiful. For me their coastal areas are my favorite as I use to be a fanatic scuba/free diver and fisherman there and loved what they had to offer. I've been and lived all over the world diving and fishing......Mexico can't be beat, but now, they're in the grip of super violent criminals in league with politicians...like our own. They're hung with albatross's around their necks... they're screwed.....at least for now and most probably in my limited lifetime....

I've been all over it. There desert land is also beautiful like my beloved South Texas.

Coastal, internal, and it's all to my liking.

Until though, unless they solve their corruption, it's a place of my past......

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I'm not one to laugh at this tragedy.

I've spent so much time in Mexico that if cartels weren't in charge I'd live there.

The people (for the most part, like anywhere) are wonderful.

So much of it is breath taking beautiful. For me their coastal areas are my favorite as I use to be a fanatic scuba/free diver and fisherman there and loved what they had to offer. I've been and lived all over the world diving and fishing......Mexico can't be beat, but now, they're in the grip of super violent criminals in league with politicians...like our own. They're hung with albatross's around their necks... they're screwed.....at least for now and most probably in my limited lifetime....

I've been all over it. There desert land is also beautiful like my beloved South Texas.

Coastal, internal, and it's all to my liking.

Until though, unless they solve their corruption, it's a place of my past......

I used to love Ensanada. Would not go there now though.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Horrible that it happened. Criminals have been tapping those gasoline lines for a long time. Civilian casualties perhaps? I've had lots of experiences in Mexico, from being arrested in Mexico city for nothing, to laying on the beach in the Mexican Riveara. Riding a train from Laredo to Mexico City was a highlight. Old school - standing on the back platform of a milk run train going through the copper canyon - good times.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Easy to criticize from our position of wealth (and the poorest of us is rich compared to 99.9% of the world). But to those folks a tank full of gas is a major expenditure.

Was it stupid? Sure.
    Some of the driven by greed? Probably.
    Some driven by sheer desperation? Likely as well.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I think most Americans have difficulty understanding that 50 gallons of gasoline on the cash market will feed a family for two weeks in Mexico. When your family has nothing you will do anything.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Some of them dropped only when they couldn’t roll any more. As Ron White says, “ya can’t fix stupid”!

Gasoline looks harmless until it isn’t - had more to do with greed than desperation. And obviously a costly mistake in judgement. JMO

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I think most Americans have difficulty understanding that 50 gallons of gasoline on the cash market will feed a family for two weeks in Mexico.

Not just there. Just did the math, and 50 gallons of gas would be US-$317.36 in Germany. I could go grocery shopping a couple or three times with that.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Why would you go grocery shopping in Germany?
    K69ymwU.png

Attachments

• K69ymwU.png
      K69ymwU.png
      338.8 KB · Views: 383
    Top Bottom