• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I bought Spit Jack injector a while back and finally got around to using it on some yardbird today. It works as advertised in getting flavors into the meat. I did my regular spatchcock with the rub that I have been using plus injecting roasted garlic the rub in lime juice.

While the added flavor in the meat worked, the added liquid prevented the skin from crisping up! Like anything new it needs some more thought! Could be I just overloaded the yardbird.

I think if I had fresh herbs .vs dried I could get more flavor using less juice and either butter or olive oil. That will surely be how I go about doing a leg of lamb if I ever find one & can afford it.

Next dinosaur ribs are getting injected with Worcestershire sauce, beef base & roasted garlic.

Main reason I bought was for curing a boneless pork loin for Canadian Bacon, corned beef & pastrami. Who knows I might even try my hand at bacon!

For those who bitch about game meat being Haley this this is the answer.
    Guns International

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Well dang, you got me salivating. We used to have a meat injector - came with the Showtime Rotisserie, just a bigass hypodermic needle with a syringe about an inch in diameter, it worked real well though.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    This is between a syringe & meat pump. Made in America & well made. All the years of being a meat cutter I have seen lots of Cajun Injectors. Thinking about frying turkeys tell my the solution needs to more fat based. Them amount of lime juice I shot into my yardbird would be catastrophic in a deep fryer! I’m more likely to use butter then an oil.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom