Medicare Advantage Plan Advertising

Fishkiller

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Jul 22, 2019
Frederickburg
The whole thing is a scam sponsored by the government. Just remember no insurance company provides anything for free, they are in business to make money. Fortunately I am covered under the wife's policy. They stuck me into a Medicare supplement plan and a prescription drug plan. I have zero copays a nd no deductibles. I do pay for medications. Her former employer picks up 70% of the cost so we are fortunate. If you can afford the supplement plan do it.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jun 11, 2015
Welfare, TX
I have until next August to figure it out. I tried to get a quote from my current provider (on my wife’s FedEx Blue Cross plan) and was told it was too early. We agave been with USAA since 1979 so I’ll check them out as well. I’m also retired with TRS so I’ll start checking them out. All the years I was teaching it made more sense to be on her plan, but now that we are both retired all bets are off.

This is a very timely thread for me.

ronbwolf

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feb 3, 2016
Late to the party, but I'm just sick of the commercials, emails, texts, and phone calls for something that I am not even eligible for! I don't have enough quarters in Social Security ( spent 30 yrs in LE, and paid into a seperate system) to be eligible. I have lifetime mefical through the PERS system, so I don't need it, don't want it, and can't get it so please, make it stop!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

glenbo

Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sep 3, 2014
San Leon
To each his own. My wife and I just finished enrolling with Wellcare on a no-cost HMO that has our doctors and pharmacy in network. Doctor visits and my chiropractor have 0 copay, $3000 dental benefits yearly with 0 copay, and many other benefits that cost us nothing more than the Medicare contribution that we would have to pay anyway.

Since we never watch TV we don't have to put up with the commercials. We're happy with this decision.

rotor

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nov 1, 2015
Texas
To each his own. My wife and I just finished enrolling with Wellcare on a no-cost HMO that has our doctors and pharmacy in network. Doctor visits and my chiropractor have 0 copay, $3000 dental benefits yearly with 0 copay, and many other benefits that cost us nothing more than the Medicare contribution that we would have to pay anyway.

Since we never watch TV we don't have to put up with the commercials. We're happy with this decision.
Good luck going elsewhere. If you need anything you will need prior approval. They make their profit saying no. Take a trip somewhere and see if you can get care.

glenbo

Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sep 3, 2014
San Leon
Rotor, with all due respect, from what I've seen in the last few months, it seems that you believe that you and only you know anything about anything and everyone else is wrong about everything. Fine, you're as welcome to your opinions as everyone else is. But you don't know shit about me or how much research I do or what I know about the plans we've enrolled in. So your opinions mean diddly squat to me, thanks anyway.

rotor

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nov 1, 2015
Texas
Rotor, with all due respect, from what I've seen in the last few months, it seems that you believe that you and only you know anything about anything and everyone else is wrong about everything. Fine, you're as welcome to your opinions as everyone else is. But you don't know shit about me or how much research I do or what I know about the plans we've enrolled in. So your opinions mean diddly squat to me, thanks anyway.
With all due respect can you get care outside the area you live in? If you develop cancer can you go to Mayo Clinic, MD Anderson, any facility you pick? Actually I know quite a lot about Medicare C. Best of luck with your choice.

Top Bottom