• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldGringo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    S.W. Houston Area
    Anyone besides myself not working the Friday after Thanksgiving and want to get together at a Houston area range for an informal meet, greet, and cap popping? I'm out in Missouri City but would be up to driving to a central location.....
    Oh yeah, I do shoot really crooked and don't typically invite others to watch me embarass myself!!
    Gun Zone Deals

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    I'm working that Wed thru Friday morning. Then that following weekend I'm going to Renfest with family.
    Most of everyone I see about meeting up are all on the West Side. Is there anyone on the East Side near Baytown? If so haller...

Hammer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'd love to, But I'm gettin up early Friday morning to head for the hill country to fill up my freezer

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I'm working that Wed thru Friday morning. Then that following weekend I'm going to Renfest with family.
    Most of everyone I see about meeting up are all on the West Side. Is there anyone on the East Side near Baytown? If so haller...

Last week for the renfest is this coming Friday, Saturday & Sunday.They just started the Friday after Turkey day last year. I would offer to buy you a beer @ the Sea Devil Tavern, but it aint a family kind of place.

OldGringo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    S.W. Houston Area
    Well, if it's just going to be West side guys I'd suggest American Shooting Center around 10 a.m.? Or if you prefer indoor there's always Top Gun. I'm flexible....

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    If my son stays in town through Friday, I may bring him out to ASC Friday. Not sure if I can talk Brunetti into getting some trigger time, which she really needs. I'm on the SW side of H-town.

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    Something I've found among a lot of different Houston area based groups, is the majority of folks who interact are on the west side.

The west side folks are indeed a closer knit group..... probably because they are used to being in close contact with others. (A direct result to being in bumper to bumper traffic on the Katy Frwy for hours and hours each day.)

The easterners live their lives like they drive: too intent on breaking land speed records to acknowledge other folks even exist.

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    You know; That actually makes a lot of cents. Although of late the construction has been getting worse on my side. I-10 at the San Jacinto Bridge is really messed up. Even still I live right at 36 miles from drive way to parking lot space to work. Before the bridge construction I could get to work in 35 to 40 minutes. Now it’s taking me depending on what day of the week it is 50 to 80 minutes.

On another note, I have been really thinking about getting a DPMS AR10. But I have never shot one. Any one out there on the west or east sides have one they might let me shot one or two from. I’ll also bring my AR or something else that that person would like to shoot? I’ll even drive out to the west side.

I know I may have waited too long to get one, but I was just not able to do so. Now I want to know if I even want to try to bother with it.

Someone give me a holler back on this issue please.

Top Bottom