• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    I may available. If an outdoor venue is preferred, you could try talking with the guy that runs Brazos River Sportsman Club. It seems set up easily enough for a smallish group of people to shoot, there is 0 indoor space anywhere, so camping chairs and maybe those portable shade things would be good to bring. All the other outdoor ranges I know of are lanes only and don't lend themselves to a group shoot.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I was there too for most of those. On the last one, my young daughter was rattled by being assigned a lane next to a guy with an AR-15 carbine throwing fireballs. She was in tears, really wanting to shoot but just couldn't handle it despite wearing muffs and earplugs. I was a little annoyed, but can't exactly fault anyone - it's a gun range. Staff took notice, and actually fired up the air handler on the other bank of lanes and gave the whole space to her. She was the only active lane. I was pretty humbled and thankful.

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    If I’m free I’ll go, 7th works better for me. As Brains said, if shooting long guns, I prefer to be out doors. Someone brings a short barreled 308 for instance, I ain’t gonna be near him or her.

Maybe folks can make requests on cool/interesting things to shoot. Possible that other members may accommodate that request.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    This has already turned into a s... show. Everyone wants different accommodations, crying like millennials. I am out, if I want to shoot I go to SPB in Humble about a mile from me. It would be nice to meet some of you though.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I probably would. My stomach usually tells me if I should go anywhere or not. Some days can't leave.
    Since @BMF500 is making the plans it should be where he decides.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If I may, I'd like to offer some input here on this.

First of all, I think it's grand Idea, and fully support getting a meet going. @Txhillbilly and I have put together several of these meet and greets over the years. We have usually put at least a couple of months into the planning for the weekend for the event. The last couple of events, I hosted here at the house.

I'd also talk to @toddnjoyce and @SURVIVOR619 on this since they are the two that put lots of the effort and planning of thetwo bi-annual TGT meets during the year with about six months between them to get things planned.

Personally, I think a little more time needs to be done with planning such an event. I'd also add a poll for different things to find out where people are thinking on different things. The last TGT meet back in April, there was at least three different threads regarding different aspect of the TGT meet.

Planning and logistics guys.

TJjerry

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2019
    Magnolia, tx
    BMF 500, you are in charge and thanks for putting this together. Got the place as SPB Cypress at 290 and 1960 and the day as Aug 8th. All I need to know is the time. I'll be there.

Reminds me of when I used to ask the wife and 2 kids where they wanted to go out to eat. Got 6 different answers.
    Just go ahead and schedule it, you will get 3 or 33 and those that show will have a good time and get to meet Somewhat like minded shootists.

Someone wants other stuff they can plan and organize another one, I still shoot evey week and have for about 3 years now.
    Just let us know if you decide to can it.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    This has already turned into a s... show. Everyone wants different accommodations, crying like millennials. I am out, if I want to shoot I go to SPB in Humble about a mile from me. It would be nice to meet some of you though.

I go there pretty often. We should meet up and shoot sometime. I work evenings, so I usually stop by about 2 or so on my way in to get some therapy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    BMF 500, you are in charge and thanks for putting this together. Got the place as SPB Cypress at 290 and 1960 and the day as Aug 8th .... Just go ahead and schedule it
    That's all it takes. Put it on the calendar, those who can and want to will show up. Now the big events, those definitely need more planning. I've missed the last few reunions, hopefully I'll be able to pull off the next one.

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    Whoa there fellers...

My apologies for not being more clear from the beginning; my original thought was just 2 MAYBE 4 people (if I was really lucky) would even reply. You know, just throw a couple of burgers on the pit, not a full blown 3-meat plus chili BBQ cookoff. @Axxe55 , yes something of that magnitude takes more than a couple of weeks planning. I'll just be getting home from a month offshore, had no plans and am anxious to some bang sticks to work. For all I knew the responses would be like "f&ck you dude, I don't know you, not interested", if any at all...Not saying there are any d1cks like that here, I just didn't know. I honestly feel very gracious, and flattered.

Not saying this to try and limit the number or to discourage ANYONE AT ALL, just being honest. But if I've got a tiger by the tail here and 100 folks want to throw down that weekend.......F%ck it.....I'll get my ass to work and make it happen! I really would like to meet and send some lead down range with each and every fellow window licker on here.

I never attended any of @EZ-E 's NW Houston gettogethers (kind of my aim here) only because I was at work for them all. As I understood from reading, nothing formal, just a few cats grabbing a bite and firing off some rounds. I've never attending anything with this bunch because I'm always out on the water somewhere....

Asked y'all for options to make this more inclusive AND open up my options as well.

Sooo....here's the deal:
    Shoot Point Blank Cypress (never been there, but looks like a great place to try) at 290 & 1960 Sunday Aug 8th. Their hours are 10:00 to 19:00, let's meet there for 14:00.
    IF folks attending want to meet up for lunch before hand; I'm in, speak up and we have 3 weeks to decide where.
    IF folks attending want to meet up for supper afterwards; I'm in, speak up and we have 3 weeks to decide where.
    I'm down for both. I'm recently single and all I do and have plans for is blowing money on my truck, hunting and fishing...

NOW!! If all goes well, and we (I) have faces, names (real contacts) while we're all hanging out that Sunday I for sure want to discuss and start planning a proper big bash for later in the year. This will take some time, discussion and heavy planning. As well I'd prefer something like that at a large outdoor venue in a milder (not 100 deg F) climate. And yes my work schedule takes precedence damn it!:peace:

Sorry if any of this reads as contradictory in anyway or me talking in circles. I woke up this afternoon (I'm on night shift right now) and read all of this ^^^ like holy shit, what just happened here?!?!?

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    Oh...and at least one week prior, when I've got a fairly accurate head count, I will make our reservation at the bang-bang shoot the targets up joint.

Top Bottom