• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Whoa there fellers...

My apologies for not being more clear from the beginning; my original thought was just 2 MAYBE 4 people (if I was really lucky) would even reply. You know, just throw a couple of burgers on the pit, not a full blown 3-meat plus chili BBQ cookoff. @Axxe55 , yes something of that magnitude takes more than a couple of weeks planning. I'll just be getting home from a month offshore, had no plans and am anxious to some bang sticks to work. For all I knew the responses would be like "f&ck you dude, I don't know you, not interested", if any at all...Not saying there are any d1cks like that here, I just didn't know. I honestly feel very gracious, and flattered.

Not saying this to try and limit the number or to discourage ANYONE AT ALL, just being honest. But if I've got a tiger by the tail here and 100 folks want to throw down that weekend.......F%ck it.....I'll get my ass to work and make it happen! I really would like to meet and send some lead down range with each and every fellow window licker on here.

I never attended any of @EZ-E 's NW Houston gettogethers (kind of my aim here) only because I was at work for them all. As I understood from reading, nothing formal, just a few cats grabbing a bite and firing off some rounds. I've never attending anything with this bunch because I'm always out on the water somewhere....

Asked y'all for options to make this more inclusive AND open up my options as well.

Sooo....here's the deal:
    Shoot Point Blank Cypress (never been there, but looks like a great place to try) at 290 & 1960 Sunday Aug 8th. Their hours are 10:00 to 19:00, let's meet there for 14:00.
    IF folks attending want to meet up for lunch before hand; I'm in, speak up and we have 3 weeks to decide where.
    IF folks attending want to meet up for supper afterwards; I'm in, speak up and we have 3 weeks to decide where.
    I'm down for both. I'm recently single and all I do and have plans for is blowing money on my truck, hunting and fishing...

NOW!! If all goes well, and we (I) have faces, names (real contacts) while we're all hanging out that Sunday I for sure want to discuss and start planning a proper big bash for later in the year. This will take some time, discussion and heavy planning. As well I'd prefer something like that at a large outdoor venue in a milder (not 100 deg F) climate. And yes my work schedule takes precedence damn it!:peace:

Sorry if any of this reads as contradictory in anyway or me talking in circles. I woke up this afternoon (I'm on night shift right now) and read all of this ^^^ like holy shit, what just happened here?!?!?

Just know from my past experiences of Meet & Greet's that I've planned or attended over all the years, no matter how many say they will show up, usually about 50% actually make it there.
    So don't get mad when people don't show up, it is what it is!
    Gun Zone Deals

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    And another thing.....as my board handle implies, I will be brining AT LEAST one of my massive 5-shot Bad MFers.

Disclaimer: Due to the current ammo shortages and costs of what is available I won't be shooting very much .500, but y'all are more than welcome take what I bring for a dance if you want.

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    Just know from my past experiences of Meet & Greet's that I've planned or attended over all the years, no matter how many say they will show up, usually about 50% actually make it there.
    Doesn't matter to me, I'm going shooting that day and probably the day before and probably the day after too.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Doesn't matter to me, I'm going shooting that day and probably the day before and probably the day after too.

That first one @Txhillbilly and I planned and we hosted about twelve or thirteen years ago, we had IIRC close to 30 people that said they were going to show up. I think maybe eight or nine actually did attend. We still had an awesome time though. I made some long time friendships with @Txhillbilly, @Maverick44 and @RaySendero meeting them in person. All three of these guys have become very close friends of mine and they have been to my house for shooting meets.

I do love to shoot, and I do enjoy guns and such, but for me the most enjoyment is meeting people who share the same interests and forming new friendships. Txhillbilly will tell you I almost enjoy visiting and talking more than shooting!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    @BMF500 Good job getting this going. Just plan a date & time, whoever shows up, shows up.
    The weekend @ 1400 should work for most. Just depends on who wants to make it a priority in their schedule.
    Presheate you!

@EZ-E is right. Plan a day, a time and place. People will either show, or they won't.

You could also do something similar like some of the members do in Austin and San Antonio. Have weekly lunch get together at various places around the Houston area.

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands

Have you looked into Renaissance range at all? Outdoor to 100 yards, has a tactical pistol range as well. It’s up 1794 north of Magnolia.

I have a Saddle River membership as well, but I spend my time shooting at Renaissance. Got tired of the indoor, highly regulated, loud as **** indoor scene.

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    I still have a saddle River membership but I never go. I’m down.
    Have you looked into Renaissance range at all? Outdoor to 100 yards, has a tactical pistol range as well. It’s up 1794 north of Magnolia.

I have a Saddle River membership as well, but I spend my time shooting at Renaissance. Got tired of the indoor, highly regulated, loud as **** indoor scene.
    Come on out on the 8th. And I go to Saddle River 3-4 times a week. There are parts of the indoor scene that suck, but the A/C is nice in the summer time.

I've never heard of Renaissance. Other than ASC, Boyertt and Saddle River I haven't been to any in Houston. For about 20yrs I had my own 100yd backstop and pistol steels in my back pasture and shot skeet over my pond when I lived in Pattison so I never went anywhere.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Should be off that day so I’m down for some food and chootin’! Won’t know my schedule for sure until the Friday before, but there hasn’t been a lot of OT lately so I doubt I’ll have to go in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom