• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeeD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Texas
    Hello TGT community!

My name is Lee and I am the new ownership of this super community. Along side me will be a dear friend of mine, Kevin. We are just a couple of guys that enjoy online communities and weaponry. Kevin will handle much of the day-to-day items, but we will both be around. I am thrilled to take the reigns of a community that is not only a great resource, but a great bunch of people.

I am 34 years old, married (for 16 years), with two daughters. I was born in Dallas and have been a resident Texan all my life. We currently live north of the DFW metroplex, near Denton. I own a Sig Sauer P229, a Ruger SP101, and a Winchester 12 gauge shotgun. I don't get out to shoot as much as I'd like to, but I hope the community will be a great encouragement towards that!

We are not a big corporation or anything. We DO NOT plan to come in and make sweeping changes. For those wondering about the "man cave" removal, that was something we did discuss with Alan. He had felt it wasn't best and we agreed with him. We want you to have freedom to enjoy the community, but we also want the community to be family friendly. In my experience with administrating online communities, this is always best long term. We hope to maintain more of a PG-13 atmosphere where everyone is respectful and tactful. We aren't ruthless tyrants and don't want to kill the community spirit that has developed over the years. We aren't going to overrun the site with tons of new ads. We aren't going to close the classifieds. We don't want to make any major changes at this point!

I hope to fit in along side of each of you and enjoy the community for what it is...a great place for Texans to talk guns!
    DK Firearms

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Good to know you guys are not the big corporation that most of us feared had taken over. Welcome aboard. I look forward to things not changing one bit in the future.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    You being actual people, actual Texans, actual shooters and NOT a corp is definitely reassuring. Hopefully it'll give reassurance to those that have been on edge about the change as well. Welcome to the forum, and like deemus said, I look forward to things not changing [very much] in the future. (I'm sure you might have a few resources that you'd like to advertise along with our already established ads/vendors etc.)

Reelthrill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Round Rock
    I joined the forum today. Looks like a new beginning for several people. I currently live in Round Rock, and previously in Kemah in between Houston and Galveston. Hopefully work will allow me the family to move back to the coast one day. My firearms include:

EDC - Ruger LC9
    Home Defense - Sig 1911 Tacops .45
    First handgun I bought on my own - Beretta 92FS
    First gun my dad bought me - Winchester 30:30 in 1967 when I was born
    Second gun my dad bought me - Astra 9 shot .22 revolver
    Varmit rifle - Ruger Mini14
    Bird gun - Winchester Model 1200 Shotgun
    Deer and other game - Ruger .308

Wife says I have enough guns, I told her she had enough shoes and dresses...she didn't like that response.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Welcome Lee. Glad to see it is still in Texas hands, and in the hands of "people", not some corp. Anyways, thanks for the intro, maybe since you are in the North Texas area a few of us can meet up or something. Welcome to your forum! Lol.

Top Bottom