• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    TxEMTP69, I hope your entry was a joke. You sound like an absolute loon. If that was serious, you are the poster child for gun control.

RIP Meleanie (correct spelling of her name)
    Well where should I start? Oh, okay you're new so I'm not going to call you names or talk about your mother. But This is what those of us that are real sane people (excluding my self of course) (I mean including;)) Call folks like you a one post wonder you show up talk sh*t and don't stick around to back it up. So stay on Commiefornia communist talk.com or wherever it is you came from. Unless of course you would like to come back to the lime light and back up you're trash with whatever facts that you have fabricated in you're little liberal brain. In short GO AWAY LIBTARD TROLL!
    TxEMTP69, You are a very smart individual for thinking and acting in that manner IMO. I do the same thing whether I'm armed or not I try to never carry anything that can't be dropped at the drop of a hat in my strong hand outside my home and short of boxes and what not. and when I meet someone or approach them I shack their hand and back up to about 6' and then talk to them. Stay frosty!
    RIP Meleanie

frijolero817

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Worth
    This is sad, I'll have to say some prayers for the kids. Oh and TxEMTP your line of thought about what do do in an event like this, and your ability to not lash back at inflammatory statements is admirable. Stay TEXAN ya'll!

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Darn, handgun all the way accross the house.

I hate dumb ass people.

What drives someone to do that. Shoot the wife and themself? Makes no sense.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Very sad.

And also kudos to the "sane person" from Kalifornia! You have my admiration sir!
    How brave of you to attack someone from more than 1300 miles away over the internet.
    How bold to come into an evil pro-gun forum such as this one, proclaim yourself a sane person, and then proceed to attack an established member of said forum.
    How...
    ...how...

!

Do us all a favor there "sane person". Next time you're a little bored inbetween your code pink rallies and antiwar demonstrations, please don't come in to a forum like this and insult people. All you did was prove how rude you anti-gun types can be.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    First I will say, RIP Meleanie. She knew what her role was, and what needed to be done, but you can see what just one slip up can do. I just wished she was prepared this time, but its all in God's hands now.

I keep running through my head what will I do, will I be able to get gun into battle fast enough or will I need to deploy edged weapon first, create distance and go to guns. I know distance, awareness, ability to react timely, number of attackers and countless other factors will come into play and you will never know til that "God forbid" moment arrives.

I try to mentally role play scenarios, practice drawing, I try to keep conscious of where my gun is at all times in reference to people I talk to, or as people approach me and always try to keep alert.

My wife used to think I was paranoid for walking through the house at night (with an empty weapon in hand, and one on the hip ;)), practicing clearing room to room, for leaving stratigically placed night lights on in certain parts of the house, hell, for even hanging a couple wind chimes in our living room. But after she read some of the stories of stuff like this happening she started to 'see the light'.

She started going to the range with me; my children, minus my 4 year old son, are proficient in firearms, and my 10 year old daughter gives me a run for my money at the range. I have been training my 14 year old daughter in hand-to-hand and Dim-Mak since she was 9; she can and will defend herself if the situation presents itself.

Just the other night I had to run with the kids to Wal-Mart to buy my wife her birthday gifts, but I had to stop at the gas pumps to get a few gallons, and there were alot of shaddy looking characters standing around. I reached into my door cubby and pulled out one of the sheathed knives I have in the car and tossed it into her lap, and without saying a word, she gave me the 'nod', knowing that if someone came to that car and tried to get in, stab in the throat, and scream for daddy. I was never more than 30 feet from the car, but she knows to protect her siblings and herself until someone gets there.

This last time I was down in South Texas, I was staying in a hotel, and as I got out of the car, there are two men standing in the door way, and looking not right. I packed my Glock away in my waistband, and made sure my knife was accessible. Both of course were drunk, but the one nearest the door was acting very weird,the other, very quiet and sheepish. He struck up conversation, and just by his body language, it looked as though he was looking for a fight. I kept stepping to my strong side but he just kept getting closer, and I finally excused myself after a 15 min and very unnerving conversation.

I was in my room for a few hours, and the next thing I know, I hear screaming and yelling, and 10 mins after that, I hear beating on the door. I look out the peep hole, and there are cops and paramedics outside my door. I open up and the cop asks me if I heard anything from next door, and of course I relayed what I heard and the dealings that I had with them earlier that evening. Apparently, twitchy guy had enough alcohol and meth in his system to kill a small horse, but he stabbed the other guy three times, but somehow he took the knife away from him and called 911. I dont know what happened after that, because the next morning I checked out of that hotel and into another one across town.

Now is a time of situational awareness, for everyone, young and old. There are just too many friggen wierdos out there that get off on causing harm to anyone and everyone that they come across.

I am not paranoid, just like to be as prepared as possible...

Rock on!

Brad L.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Yep. Being prepared doesn't amount to being paranoid. The whole, "your just paranoid" argument that anti-gun people use is silly, but you can't use logic with these kinds of people. They are afraid of guns. They think, irrationally that the gun is the proplem.

You can't fix, irrationallity with reason.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Yep. Being prepared doesn't amount to being paranoid. The whole, "your just paranoid" argument that anti-gun people use is silly, but you can't use logic with these kinds of people. They are afraid of guns. They think, irrationally that the gun is the proplem.

You can't fix, irrationallity with reason.

People arent so liberal when they are held at gun point, and then they wish that they had a gun as well. I just think that their whole rationale is bull crap to say the least. What do they say, 'everything is fine until someone gets hurt...'

Brad L.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    My friends,

At the risk of "flaming", which is not my intention, this is an example of why I am not an "open carry" advocate, but rather "concealed - the best policy".

Gun-Toting Soccer Mom, Husband Shot Dead - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

As I post this I am deeply saddened. I first met Melanie on the OCDO board during her case in Lebanon, PA where she freely & legally exercised her right to OC. From there she fought the good fight under heavy scrutiny from the antigun camp.

Condolences to the family and I can only pray for her children who witnessed "Daddy shot mommy!". It was no secret Melanie and her husband Scott had been having marital problems, and they went deep. From dependable accounts from those who knew her, Melanie wanted out but feared her husband. She knew something was coming.

The antigun people are already spinning this, twisting it to fit their agenda. Poor Melanie hasn't been laid to rest yet and people are already attacking her good name.

RIP Melanie

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I think Concealed carry puts you at a better situation tactically, but the other side of the coin is that I think some situations could be avoided if the bad guy knew some of the sheep had teeth.

As to the fact that this is "bad press."

I think that we shouldn't let "them" descide what we want. It doesn't take very many neurons to figure out that this lady wasn't killed because she open carried to a soccer game. The fact that the news and anti-gun people are twisting it that way is blatantly biased.

We just need to get our message to the uninformed better than the anti-gun people do.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    +1 My wife tells me all the time "you're just paranoid the whole world is not out to get you". Well in fact they are out to get me and when I stop remembering that I will sell my guns and go hump Obama's leg with all the other brain washed fools. "IN GOD WE TRUST. EVERYONE ELSE KEEP YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM" Not that the whole world is after me specifically, just a large portion of the population that rob, burglarize, and other wise rape and pillage the honest people of this nation. So I tell her all the time "I don't think they are all out to get me but it can be hard to tell who is and who isn't, so I'm prepared for everything".

SanePerson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    California
    You should know...

... before you satisfy yourselves with embarrassing, unsubstantiated ad hominem attacks, I am a moderate liberal lawyer who owned a Glock 19 (until it was recently burglarized) and have been mugged at knife point numerous times. If I came off offensive, I apologize. But you guys do not seem to realize how ... uh, I'll say "intense" or paranoid you sound when you talk about planning out ways to shoot every person you come across while shaking their hand, or teaching your dog to bark to warn you that your heat-packing wife is coming, or all the intense preparation you endure for years to prepare for a possible future chance encounter with a drunk guy at a bar. It's just a very odd way to prioritize, and it does reflect - to someone not from Texas - a gun-crazy, paranoid mentality.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    ... before you satisfy yourselves with embarrassing, unsubstantiated ad hominem attacks, I am a moderate liberal lawyer who owned a Glock 19 (until it was recently burglarized) and have been mugged at knife point numerous times. If I came off offensive, I apologize. But you guys do not seem to realize how ... uh, I'll say "intense" or paranoid you sound when you talk about planning out ways to shoot every person you come across.........

Good enough. Now, let me ask you something - do you carry insurance of any kind? If so, why? Why not simply walk along your path in life, assured that somehow everything will be okay? That is what a gun is, my friend - insurance from the most reliable and quickest-responding agency in the country. You see, I can't appreciate what you went through being mugged - because the one time it might have happened to me, I *was* armed - and as things escalated and I drew, they suddenly decided they wanted to be somewhere - anywhere - else.

Now, being a "moderate liberal lawyer", I would think that long ago you would've come to realize that when folks are sitting around a campfire shooting the breeze, there's going to be a mix of seriousness and BS. It's knowing what's serious and what's BS that's going to be a challenge to an outsider to determine - and it's THEIR problem, not ours. No one is forced to read these sites, and if they're unsure about something, they're welcome to speak up and ask a civil question. Otherwise, it's gonna be akin to a 5-lb 3-legged cat walkin' into the middle of a buncha junkyard dogs an' slappin' one. He can do it, but he won't be real happy with the results......

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    ... before you satisfy yourselves with embarrassing, unsubstantiated ad hominem attacks, I am a moderate liberal lawyer who owned a Glock 19 (until it was recently burglarized) and have been mugged at knife point numerous times. If I came off offensive, I apologize. But you guys do not seem to realize how ... uh, I'll say "intense" or paranoid you sound when you talk about planning out ways to shoot every person you come across while shaking their hand, or teaching your dog to bark to warn you that your heat-packing wife is coming, or all the intense preparation you endure for years to prepare for a possible future chance encounter with a drunk guy at a bar. It's just a very odd way to prioritize, and it does reflect - to someone not from Texas - a gun-crazy, paranoid mentality.

Well you are a lawyer from CA, guess you don't seem to realize how much of an ass you sound like to non-lawyer, non-CA types.

Apology accepted Welcome to the forum.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Good enough. Now, let me ask you something - do you carry insurance of any kind? If so, why? Why not simply walk along your path in life, assured that somehow everything will be okay? That is what a gun is, my friend - insurance from the most reliable and quickest-responding agency in the country. You see, I can't appreciate what you went through being mugged - because the one time it might have happened to me, I *was* armed - and as things escalated and I drew, they suddenly decided they wanted to be somewhere - anywhere - else.

Now, being a "moderate liberal lawyer", I would think that long ago you would've come to realize that when folks are sitting around a campfire shooting the breeze, there's going to be a mix of seriousness and BS. It's knowing what's serious and what's BS that's going to be a challenge to an outsider to determine - and it's THEIR problem, not ours. No one is forced to read these sites, and if they're unsure about something, they're welcome to speak up and ask a civil question. Otherwise, it's gonna be akin to a 5-lb 3-legged cat walkin' into the middle of a buncha junkyard dogs an' slappin' one. He can do it, but he won't be real happy with the results......
    +1 and very well stated!

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    ... It's just a very odd way to prioritize, and it does reflect - to someone not from Texas - a gun-crazy, paranoid mentality.

You have figured out how we feel about people from California who tolerate stupid policies of gun control and economic self-destruction.

Most of the people on here are very nice, even to people we disagree. TexasRedneck's comment is very true.

Welcome.

PS- Sorry about your property getting stolen. That is one of my favorite hundguns.

Top Bottom