Gun Zone Deals

Men who are very "secure"...where my Miata fans at!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    IMO, the s2000 is definitely the top of the small/light sportscar genre. They are so much fun to drive. Unfortunately I don't really fit in them. It's odd that I can fit in an x1/9 which is smaller, but the s2000 is way too cramped.

That's what a del sol is. They fit much better than an s2k.
    Texas SOT

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The Del Sol is a FWD appliance; not even as good as the CRX they replaced. Not the same category of car as an S2000 or Miata.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    How about an MR2?!?
    The gen1s were pretty much just a copy of the x1/9, so they are awesome ;)
    The gen2s got a little chunky... I haven't driven an MR-S, but I want to. There was some hilcimb challenge in Japan that had been dominated by a dude with an AE86 for years and years and it was finally someone in an MR-S that beat him. No, I'm not talking about Initial-D... this was real life, but I can't find the article now :p

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    The Del Sol is a FWD appliance; not even as good as the CRX they replaced. Not the same category of car as an S2000 or Miata.

You talking at me? The sol is better than the CRX in lots of ways - the most prominent being that it's a little lower and wider and can take much more lateral force before losing traction or rolling. The CRX beats it in weight and body roll (though the latter is largely mitigated by keeping the damn top on).

With minor suspension upgrades and a fat chick in the trunk, I can whoop up on Miata drivers all day long in a sol.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The third-gen MR2 AKA MR-S has an amazing chassis. If you drive one with the sequential automanual gearbox shit on it, you'll weep tears of frustration that such a brilliant chassis was destroyed by such a horrible transmission.

The only way to measure the shift times is with a calendar.

You talking at me? The sol is better than the CRX in lots of ways - the most prominent being that it's a little lower and wider and can take much more lateral force before losing traction or rolling. The CRX beats it in weight and body roll (though the latter is largely mitigated by keeping the damn top on).

With minor suspension upgrades and a fat chick in the trunk, I can whoop up on Miata drivers all day long in a sol.

Yeah, if you're up against a Miata with a worn out stock suspension and shit tires. Apples to apples - Miata with a couple suspension mods and decent tires? No way.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Clutch isn't bad to do on a Miata, and it's a great opportunity for an upgrade to a lighter flywheel (go nuts - I had an 8.5 lb one in my car and it was great). The only thing is that Miatas are kind of weird. They don't have a cross member under the rear of the trans, they have a beam they call a powerplant frame that attaches the rear of the trans to the differential. It's not that bad to deal with, and the Miata clutch jobs I've done I never bothered removing it fully. That funky "reamer bushing" or whatever it's called is a pain in the ass to remove, so I just pull all the PPF bolts, detach the wiring that's attached to it, pull down at the front and swing it out to the right side of the car.

The trans itself is pretty light, totally a doable job without using a transmission jack. Then again, shit like that may be why I make funny noises when I start moving around in the morning. :p

JSF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2013
    Lufkin
    Nothin says im a man better than arguin with another dude on the internet about who makes the fastest ho wagon

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Nah. y'all got it all wrong. If you want a fun vehicle to dick around in, get a Jeep.
    At least with a Jeep, people won't have to guess how limp your wrist is

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Trackdays & club racing are tons cheaper with one of these:

ECR35.jpg

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    My neighbor in college station sold his 10 ninja for a miata because his friend had a few raced out ones that he rode in. They looked fun.

I had a GTI with the 1.8 turbo and it was fast and fun as shit. Don't settle on anything until you've drove everything else.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I read about some del sol haters on here. Hating on a del sol is like hating on a honda civic - they're the same car. My buddy Greg has a vtech out of a prelude with a big ass turbo in the front bumper. That car can't plant tires hard enough and shreds tires in 1-3rd until it gets to 80. If you're in the BCS area look for the red civic with an exhaust hole cut in the bumper on the drivers side. It's too fast.

Dont sleep on civics. They could possibly be one of the best sleepers.

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    I read about some del sol haters on here. Hating on a del sol is like hating on a honda civic - they're the same car. My buddy Greg has a vtech out of a prelude with a big ass turbo in the front bumper. That car can't plant tires hard enough and shreds tires in 1-3rd until it gets to 80. If you're in the BCS area look for the red civic with an exhaust hole cut in the bumper on the drivers side. It's too fast.

Dont sleep on civics. They could possibly be one of the best sleepers.

:facepalm:

No... Greg gets two...

:facepalm::facepalm:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR