Menil Collection art museum - Is it 30.06 signed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    Nothing on their website or in their brochure. I have to attend an event at the Menil Collection on Sul Ross tomorrow night. I hesitate to call and ask...might just get an anti-gun freak receptionist. I also don't wish to find out when I get there, as I really don't want to leave a gun in my car, especially in that area.

Anyone have experience with this place?

Thanks.
    Hurley's Gold

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Been there once a while ago...don't recall seeing a sign. I'm not 100% sure though. Area isn't that bad, there's worse in Houston!

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    Thanks. That's a help. I know there are many worse places, but I don't go to those places at night. Fair number of questionable characters wandering around W. Alabama. A friend of mine lives only a few blocks from there. Has a security gate with a remote and also a keypad. She came home late one morning to find some guy standing there punching the keypad to get in. She drove around the block and he was still there. 911 for attempted break in yielded no police for about 25 minutes, during which time the guy wandered away. They've had multiple break ins and attempted break ins, plus a car stolen.

Thanks again.

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    Sorry for not reporting back. Had no chance to scout in advance, so I left my firearm at home. I was shooting pictures and video of my granddaughter reading a paper, so I didn't want to take chances. I did not see a sign--30.06 or otherwise--anywhere. I parked in the main parking lot, walked past their restaurant and across to the entrance. No signs.

Top Bottom