Merwin Hulbert Revolvers.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
The thing I know most deeply about MH revolvers was that when they were going to be reproduced a few years ago, I was like...

ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney.jpg

...but the company that was doing the reproductions never managed to get fully up and running. I got to keep my money. I wish I hadn't. :(

Mad John

Jan 15, 2019
Rural Illinois
The thing I know most deeply about MH revolvers was that when they were going to be reproduced a few years ago, I was like...

View attachment 261624

...but the company that was doing the reproductions never managed to get fully up and running. I got to keep my money. I wish I hadn't. :(
You are not the only one following their efforts. From what I was finding out is that manufacturing costs were very prohibitive to duplicate what was done back in the day.
It is hard to imagine with today's CNC design it would be so difficult but they did it back then. I am sure that is why the original company and Hopkins & Allen failed.
They were considered the "ugly duckling" of revolvers but many famous gunmen LOVED them.

Reinz

Well-Known
Sep 5, 2014
East TX
You are not the only one following their efforts. From what I was finding out is that manufacturing costs were very prohibitive to duplicate what was done back in the day.
It is hard to imagine with today's CNC design it would be so difficult but they did it back then. I am sure that is why the original company and Hopkins & Allen failed.
They were considered the "ugly duckling" of revolvers but many famous gunmen LOVED them.

‘To add to why they are so hard to produce with today’s technology- all I can saw is at least two different companies have failed at bringing reproductions to market over the past 16-18 years. They always leaded to public on, on how well they were progressing when in fact they were bombing out.

I have an M&H 38 SW that is just cool as all get out. As John has said they are impeccable.

I would post a pic, but my files are always too large for this forum.

baboon

TGT Addict
‘To add to why they are so hard to produce with today’s technology- all I can saw is at least two different companies have failed at bringing reproductions to market over the past 16-18 years. They always leaded to public on, on how well they were progressing when in fact they were bombing out.

I have an M&H 38 SW that is just cool as all get out. As John has said they are impeccable.

You can resize pictures on imgur.com

Mad John

Jan 15, 2019
Rural Illinois
I use Adobe Photoshop Pro.
You can save files in many formats and types. Also "Save to Web" options to downsize the Mega Pixels to be internet friendly without resolution loss.
Adobe Photoshop is a bit expensive and takes time to learn how to use it. I take a lot of pictures for the museums I work for in very high resolution for their archives of repairs and preservations. Extreme closeup of critical parts before and after including markings and serial numbers. I use a NIKON D6100 Exp, 12 point auto-focus with Macro Lenses. It is an incredible camera. I think it makes coffee too but I have not figured out that option.
It is alot of camera and does video with sound too, do not buy one if you are not going to use one alot. Crazy expensive!

Last edited:

Mad John

Jan 15, 2019
Rural Illinois

I have a "blue" Merwin" folding hammer .38
Merwin Hulbert Blue .38 DA 1.jpg
Merwin Hulbert Blue .38 DA 3.jpg
Merwin Hulbert Blue .38 DA 4.jpg
Merwin Hulbert Blue .38 DA 5.jpg
e

Leadeye

Dec 29, 2020
Great Southern Forest of Indiana
I have two, folding hammer 38 and seven shot 32. Interesting guns, I repaired the 32 and made up some ammo for it. I was impressed with the reliability and accuracy of it considering it was an old pocket gun.

Attachments

• merwin eject.jpg
    merwin eject.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 9
  • sevensix.jpg
    sevensix.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom