• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Not sure if this belongs here or not kind of a CHL and ammo thing.

The other day while waiting for my wife to get off work so we could go shoot I decided to go into Smith Guns (Corpus Christi) to look around their new location (last time I was in was the day after they moved). This guy walks in looking for ammo for his CHL class that night. All they had was a few boxes of self defense ammo in 9mm which was more than this fellow wanted to pay for "target" ammo. As he turned to walk out he said he was off to look for ammo at walmart (this is 1645 on a Firday). I told him I had some WWB 115gr 9mm ammo he could buy for the price I paid ($10), that I had 50 rds in the truck I could get for him. This guy giives me a eff-U look and walks off, not a no thanks, not interested, just the eff-U look.

Two things kinda got me here, one (this part irked me)me trying to be helpful and the eff-U look after trying to help a fellow shooter out. I know he doesn't know me from Adam, but could have at least been polite . and the second (this one made me laugh) the dumb*** waiting to the afternoon of his test to try and find ammo....

Would any of ya'll taken a strangers offer on the ammo? I didn't think I was out of place with the offer, especially giving it for the price I paid.
    Target Sports

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Don't sweat it. You were very nice to offer, and there was nothing wrong with doing so.

As far as him waiting until the day before the class.....unless he is an avid shooter or a member of one of the forums he would have no clue about the current lack of availability.

I have purchased hundreds of rounds the night before a shooting class before.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    No reason to be impolite, period.

I don't like imposing, but also wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Especially if I was unprepared and/or running late.

Hope he spent all night looking for ammo, LOL.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    You can't be responsible for the way other react, only how you act. If you're doing what's right, what's good and decent, leave it at that and don't let how someone else reacts change you.

You also don't know what was on his mind when you offered or what caused his reaction, but you can't worry about it.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    some of the same thoughts I had, but I was taken aback by his less than polite tude, but did get a good laugh out of the "he may never have found ammo" thought.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Lets assume he has no idea about the ammo issue. Some stranger who was not a part of his conversation offers, out of the blue, to sell him some ammo. Just come on out to my car........

It may have been just his spidey senses going off. After all, it is a strange offer from his point of view. ;)

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    When I took my level III security class, it was a small class of 6 people (including me). When it came down to our qualifing time at the range, I was the only one that had ammo and a sidearm, I ending up loaning out 5 of my other handguns plus 250rds just so the others would be able to finish the class. At least they was nice enough to buy me dinner after the class.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Lets assume he has no idea about the ammo issue. Some stranger who was not a part of his conversation offers, out of the blue, to sell him some ammo. Just come on out to my car........

It may have been just his spidey senses going off. After all, it is a strange offer from his point of view. ;)
    maybe the part of me getting it wasn't clear enough as I was bringing it into him not him coming to my truck

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I can see both sides of this but no need to be an ass.
    I think I would have asked you to go get it and got around the going out to your truck issue.
    It's late, I got to have it and some one has just offered to solve my problem; all I need to do is sit tight in a well light, crowded area and wait for the ammo man.
    Oh well , his loss and you still have your ammo.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    That was super cool of you. Hope I meet someone cool like that if I'm ever in a similar situation.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Tx, I bet that guy hasn't the first clue as to the current shooting climate.

I'm with the guys who said that the guy took you wrong, he's just not informed of what's going on. But that was very cool of you to offer. Don't worry though. If he sticks with shooting, he'll eventually kick himself and feel like an ass for acting like he did. Even if no one else ever knows, he'll know.

BTW, where is Smith's new location?

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    My first thought was "This guy is going for a CHL and has an attitude" but, reading txinvestigator response, I see now there is two sides to this story. And of course there is always two sides to a story..

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Not to wish ill on anyone but........ I hope this guy ended up buying the ammo off his CHL instructor and I hope the instructor charged him 20-25 for it. Serves him right for looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX

An excellent point indeed. But the offer was to bring it in to him, not to go out to the car.......... Not that that matters much. I would have at least said no thanks, no I'll try some were else. If I were the OP I would have settled for an F-off, but the guy said nothing and that is where the problem is. But even if I was this D-bag and did not know about the ammo problem, I might get "that feeling" at first but if the offer was to bring it inside said D-bag has no reason to not be polite.
    And txinvestigator is right. There should be no conclusion jumping. Al tho Doug did say and I will quote
    This COULD very well be the kind of person that has no business walking around with a pistol
    so I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that there are in fact two sides to every story. ;)

Top Bottom