• Status
    Not open for further replies.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    We've already had the war on drugs. It went about as well as bringing peace to the Middle East has.

Besides, cartels are taking over avacado farms for the money, so stopping drugs wouldn't get rid of them. They've evolved and are into other things. Kinda like the mafia here in the US. When the illegal stuff hits it's limits, they move into the legal side to grow profits. (even if they get there illegally).

If we really want to force the issue and get it dealt with, we need to seal the border. Not from the folks coming in from Mexico, but a complete control over all the money heading back South. Put a 50% or more tax on every penny that crosses the border and Mexico will start to take things more serious.

Arm the avocado farmers and other legal businesses, and things get fixed a lot faster.
    Venture Surplus ad

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't need to re read your post. The "but" part always gets me. Don't make excuses for evil. There are no "buts" Call evil out so there is no doubt. Don't sit there and say but.

I'll let our readers judge. You are tryng to mix two different issues. After watching these things for many years, I see the underlying problem as the real cause. Simple, no user, no cash, no cartel, no gang, no BG guns, less crime.

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    I'll let our readers judge. You are tryng to mix two different issues. After watching these things for many years, I see the underlying problem as the real cause. Simple, no user, no cash, no cartel, no gang, no BG guns, less crime.

Well maybe I should read your post. You have it all figured out : ) Neah.....
    I'm tired of the US being to blame. We have laws, Mexico doesn't care about our laws while at the same time being dependent on our cash flow. How about putting some responsibility on them instead of blaming the evil US all the time? My answer is legalization. Why let them profit from the demand in our own country? We can supply the demand, tax it and regulate it just like alcohol. And no user? good luck with that. There will always be users as well as abusers. You want to arrest every user? Better get ready to spend your tax dollars on more prisons.

Last edited:

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    Texas should follow Oklahoma's initiative. They freed 400 people from prison on non violent drug cases. Now the police will be freed up to chase violent offenders and the state will have room to incarcerate those offenders.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/mourn...y-arrive-for-funerals-of-slain-women-children

MEXICAN-MASSACRE-CROPPED-PHOTO-1.jpg

Attachments

• MEXICAN-MASSACRE-CROPPED-PHOTO-1.jpg
      MEXICAN-MASSACRE-CROPPED-PHOTO-1.jpg
      27.7 KB · Views: 302

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I never favored not pursuing and punishing the actual offenders.

But, as bad as it was, this most recent tragedy is a SYMPTOM of the larger problem.

That is why efforts to cure the illness by applying massive amounts of cash on the other end have, and always will, fail.

I have spent the latter half of my career as a teacher of young physicians. We try to teach to treat the cause, not the symptom.

If only punishing the actual offenders has consistently failed to fix the problem, we must seek to treat the cause. When one examines the ENTIRE situation, it is clear that the incoming cash from USERS will always attract more suppliers, etc. We must find some way to stop the initial transaction, which is the U S based individual purchasers' cash input.

Yet we know from long experience that imprisoning users rarely works well in the "long run".

So, I say: "Catch them and FINE the Hell out of them"; give them probated sentences with monitoring, jail the uncooperative recidivists only.

Make those who CAUSE the problem pay to fix it.

Meanwhile, YES, secure our border and tell the Mexicans that any cross-border intrusions into the USA will be followed by U S Military raids into Mexico, whether the officials knew beforehand or NOT.

Otherwise, help the Mexicans. Not all Mexicans are corrupt, but their government is. Like New Jersey, Hawaii, etc.

Or, just change the Law and "legalize" drugs, with taxes and regulation, as our Ancestors did upon the abject failure of "Prohibition" as applied to alcohol.

If anyone here has better ideas, let's hear them now.

leVieux

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    oldag, its very simple and this is a yes or no answer. Do you agree with this comment below?

"There was a time in WWII we put Japs in America in camps, and justifiably so. No apologies here. The illegals here that openly flaunt their allegiance to Mexico would ignite like a combustible rag if they were given the opportunity."
    I am not going to second guess what was done in the days after Pearl Harbor. Hind sight is 20-20.

The question regarding Mexico is immaterial. Don't think Mexico is going to invade us - with a regular army - any time soon.

What is your problem?

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    I am not going to second guess what was done in the days after Pearl Harbor. Hind sight is 20-20.

The question regarding Mexico is immaterial. Don't think Mexico is going to invade us - with a regular army - any time soon.
    What is your problem?

Read the thread and you will clearly see what I took issue with. You defended it. That's my problem.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "So, I say: "Catch them and FINE the Hell out of them"; give them probated sentences with monitoring, jail the uncooperative recidivists only."

Sounds good, but sadly won't work.

How do you compel scofflaws to pay their fines in today's world of over crowded jails/prison and L.E. who have much bigger fish to fry?

Heck, our ankle monitored low life's routinely cut off their ankle monitors and they go about their merry way.......

But, yeah, it's worth a try if L.E. and the Courts would cooperate and that's a big 'IF'.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This thread is polluted beyond recovery with people talking past each other. The name-calling and racial slurs certainly don't help. It started with an event worth discussing and devolved into just another internet cat fight.

I'm disappointed and this thread is done.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom