Mexicans say Mexican-Americans Owe Loyalty to Mexico Over U.S

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by oldguy, Oct 15, 2009.

1. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    I've lived in Texas nearly 30 years some of that on the border so I have a
    good understanding of our relationship with Mexico even still I was surprised on the high numbers of this poll.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/55496

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Those morons need to get a grip, wake the f up, and stay in mayheco.

3. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Then ship these un-loyal Mother F-kers back to Mexico and waste no money doing it.
    Two trucks is all I need and I promise they will all fit and we will make a profit!!!!

4. Libertarian

Libertarian New Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Being of Mexican descent myself, my loyalties lie with the nation I grew up in and for which my father fought for during WWII.

If the people of Mexico don't like that, well then tough.

5. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Woah woah woah! Chill out, guys.

"68.8 percent of respondents in Mexico said that it should be to Mexico, while only 19.7 percent said it should be to the United States. Another 11.5 percent of respondents said they were not sure."

They were asking real Mexicans, not the hyphenated kind that are actually Americans. Who the hell cares what people across the border think?

Seriously - you want to give credence to the opinions of the populace of a third-world nation? I don't care what people who live in a perpetual shithole think because it's their fault they live in a shithole!

6. Jeff B

Jeff B Active Member

May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    I'm sure there are many legal residents, naturalized citizens and even some truly natural born citizens that feel that way.

That said, there are many immigrants (legal) who truly treasure what they have achieved in becoming United States citizensand thus Americans. My daughter in law is naturalized, her parents are still green card holders, but, they have followed the RULES and are very intolerant of those who see to cheat and look for a "path to citizenship".

The crippling afflictions that have impacted our country come from beliefs in "multi-cultural" ideas and rejection of the "melting pot". The only way to bring recent arrivals into our culture is to reach out to them and make them welcome. We all have our own ethic roots and many honor those roots at holiday time through ceremony, decoration, food preparation and other observations. Honoring your heritage is not a bad thing... It is actually a good thing, when put in the context of your devotion and allegience to your country of residence.

Jeff B.

7. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    EDIT: pointless

8. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Yeah!

9. hkusp1

hkusp1 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    if you like mexico so much take your happy a$$ back there oh wait its a crap hole with an even crappier economy thats why your mooching off America and sending the money to mexico. no offense to any true American Mexicans.

10. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I'm Mexican American and don't like Mexicans, there or here, saying something about my loyalty. As a kid, we had to hear that crap from them all the time. You're a whitey, you can't speak Spanish, you penis is larger than mine, etc..

If an American wants to move to Mexico and be loyal to them, I'm okay with it so long as it's Sean Penn, Michael Moore, or any other jackass. If my kid did it, I'd have a problem with it.

Now if this person moves there, lays down roots there, has kids there, then you can't really blame them for changing sides. I would feel foolishish telling them they had to be loyal to America.