• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Let's all get on the 'I hate MM' cuz I know stuff about him.

Evidence, why I have tons and know precisely what I'm speaking of...cuz I was there.

Well, ok, I wasn't, but it's fun to point and shout: He's guilty - man oh man, that feels gooooooooood!!

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Let's all get on the 'I hate MM' cuz I know stuff about him.

Evidence, why I have tons and know precisely what I'm speaking of...cuz I was there.

Well, ok, I wasn't, but it's fun to point and shout: He's guilty - man oh man, that feels gooooooooood!!
    So, are you saying the report of his personal household water usage was wrong? Political fake news and all?

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I believe everything I read as do most...

Don't you?

Of course you don't or do you?

Without personal knowledge, everything said about anyone is hearsay...unless you have evidence in hand.

Do you?

Evidence, that is facts mean more than stories about those you don't really know anything about for certain.

Or do you? (this story reminds me of the mueller so-called investigation)

He's guilty because we want him to be. (President Trump that is)

Or, is everyone claiming MM to be the devil incarnate when it comes to water usage because 'they absolutely know' without doubt he's guilty?

Hold on, no, you really don't 'know' just assuming you do.

At this point, while it's been fun debating, I tire of this subject.

In the long run, I honestly don't care about it.

So stay on the band wagon or get off of it.

Up to you.

A sense of fair play is no longer with us. It feels good to slam someone we don't really know.

If someone is accused of whatever, that's adequate.

The new American way of being judge and jury without evidence.

Banana republic anyone?

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Let get this in perspective:

I live out in the country, everyone out here has their own water well and we all pull out of the same water table (Cow Creek IIRC).

So the place next to mine got sold and JoeChit DeRagman spent $25k to drill a well. I stop by one day seeing him out and ask how the well drill went and was he happy (I gave him the name of the guy that drilled my well). Yes he was happy and then tells me he is going to put in a Coy pond, and a BIG yard with grass and dig a pond to attract deer. I suggested he talk with the county water resources board and I leave. I head straight to the county resources board and tell them what I was told. Told them he was new in town and may not understand the rules. So they stopped by to see him, 4 years later he has no yard, no pond.

Take Away: That water is just as much mine as it is his and unlike him, I in fact have a pond on my place and it only fills wet weather, sure I could run a pipe off my cistern and keep it full but what about all the other folks that pull water from the same aquifer I do, do they need to use less so I can have a pond???

Some one using far more than their fair share of water is EVERYBODY'S business! Water: Finite resource and we all need to share fairly, not equally. Maybe his fair share is 12Million gallons, maybe not.

There are some things that can and should be done: In earlier times utility bills often went down as you used more rather than less. Today you should be charged for excess usage of resources. A possible formula could be: sq ft of lot + sq ft of home = 10 year running average annual water usage in gallons +/- x% = your fair usage factor. Exceeding that in any given quarter triggers the water folks to visit your home for possible leaks in your system.

No Leak then you water bill goes up and use enough and it may become cheaper to water your yard or fill your pool with good whiskey rather than water...

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Doesn't ground water reenter the aquifer? You pump it out and into a pond. A % is lost to evaporation. The rest seeps right into the aquifer.

All water on earth is recycled. You drink it. You pi$$ it. The ground, dirt, limestone, sand, rock filter out the organic and you drink it again from the faucet.

Here's something really creepy. They say crude oil is from dinosaurs. I'm sure a percentage does. The rest is from dead humans. When you fill up the tank. It's dead rotten caveman squeeze juice. Think about it...Vroom Vroom

As for this guy in Austin. What are you gonna do about it? Take his money and tell him no? Money talks...

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Did he pay his water bill?
    If he did, then I don’t see a problem.
    He bought legal service and the city sold him the water and he paid for it.
    Now if he violated water restrictions, that’s different

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Did he pay his water bill?
    If he did, then I don’t see a problem.
    He bought legal service and the city sold him the water and he paid for it.
    Now if he violated water restrictions, that’s different[/QUOTE]

According to post #6 there are restrictions, unless I'm reading it wrong

Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    What's his track record on things we care about? Is he one of us, or one of them?

If he's one of us, his overuse of water is regrettable & should be brought to his attention (politely, by supporters) as a potential opp-res campaign issue. Perhaps he can do something to minimize his exposure to criticism in this respect.

If he's one of THEM, then USE it as a campaign issue to get his @$$ voted out, in favor of someone MORE likely to be one of us (assuming you can FIND one of those anywhere in Austin!). If he's one of THEM, a more confrontational approach might be necessary to get his attention, but it might be worth letting it go unmentioned at least on enough to help get him removed from office.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    [QUOTE="grasshopperglock........Doesn't ground water reenter the aquifer? Not precisely. Dont confuse the "Water Table" with our aquifers. Aquifers are quite deep (generally many hundreds of feet) and recharge in a specific zone IE: the area that allows water access TO the aquifer (mountains, caves etc).
    Surface water leeches into the Water Table (appx 25'). Water circulates constantly (as you said) through trees, shrubs, or recharging a pond/lake etc.

You pump it out and into a pond. A % is lost to evaporation.Never lost (as you said) then it rains.

The rest seeps right into the aquifer. No. Into the Water Table? Yes.

All water on earth is recycled. You drink it. You pi$$ it. The ground, dirt, limestone, sand, rock filter out the organic and you drink it again from the faucet. Very true
    ==========================================
    Interesting thread. Without looking I am SURE that the Austin area must be under some "Level" of drought restriction. In the city it always starts with watering your yard. (mentioned earlier)
    What I would chase down would be any exemption he has managed for in this case. That alone would sink his ship. IE: look how special and privileged he is over everyone else!

=========================================

Something for yall to play with.........

water-leak-size.jpg

Last edited:

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Posted in #6 but not everyong starts on #1 post so here it is again:
    http://www.austintexas.gov/department/watering-restrictions
    Roger that....Been reading but didnt go read the variances...
    ====================================
    TYPES OF VARIANCES
    • New Xeriscape Landscape – for a newly installed xeriscape landscape design that requires a special watering schedule.
    • Large Property – for large residential or commercial property that cannot be completely watered under the current watering schedule (does not apply to new xeriscape landscape projects).
    • Environmental – to protect an endangered plant, animal, aquatic species, or critical environmental feature.
    • Health / Safety – to maintain the health, safety, well-being or cleanliness of the public or environment.
    • Income – for businesses whose primary source of income depends on using water outside of the watering schedule.
    • Medical / Disability – for a documented medical hardship or qualifying disability.
    • Tree Disease / Pest Control – to treat a tree for diseases or to control pests.
    ================================

Looks like BS to me. Oh....you have a large place???? Well then....go ahead and use all the water you want!!!

WTH kinda logic is that?

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Roger that....Been reading but didnt go read the variances...
    ====================================
    TYPES OF VARIANCES
    • New Xeriscape Landscape – for a newly installed xeriscape landscape design that requires a special watering schedule.
    • Large Property – for large residential or commercial property that cannot be completely watered under the current watering schedule (does not apply to new xeriscape landscape projects).
    • Environmental – to protect an endangered plant, animal, aquatic species, or critical environmental feature.
    • Health / Safety – to maintain the health, safety, well-being or cleanliness of the public or environment.
    • Income – for businesses whose primary source of income depends on using water outside of the watering schedule.
    • Medical / Disability – for a documented medical hardship or qualifying disability.
    • Tree Disease / Pest Control – to treat a tree for diseases or to control pests.
    ================================

Looks like BS to me. Oh....you have a large place???? Well then....go ahead and use all the water you want!!!

WTH kinda logic is that?

It's called an exemption because you're one of the elite. Back when I lived in Amarillo in 06 there was a HUGE drought, so big we were having dust storms.. Everyone's lawns was dead and there was a total water restriction. You were not allowed to water your yard, pool, or use a sprinkler system... If you were caught the city fined you. That's all fine and good. However, every city property, including the schools, had green grass and was watered regularly. There was almost a riot over it. A few weeks later the city stopped watering their grass.

Look I have no problem with a man/woman/whatever watering their yard or using water. I don't care how much or how little. What I DO have a problem with, and this seems to not be entering into some people's heads, is using your political power to get an exemption from a water restriction during a drought.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    To be fair, we don't know if the McCauls are getting any special treatment or not, or if they have been fined or not. But it sure doesn't look good for a State Rep to be the highest water user in the Austin Water system.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Bad optics and perception is everything.

Damned right!!! This is 2018 and we ain’t gots time for facts. The bookface and Twatter are the most important courts if the land.

Anyone figure out if he has a variance, doesn’t pay his bill, doesn’t pay his fines or uses his political influence to stop the city from fining him.

Maybe lobby your retarded pretend to be eco friendly council rep to eliminate the variances and allow the city to shut off services to habitual offenders.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom