Michigan High School Shooting Leaves Three Dead, Six Injured

Grumps21

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Apr 28, 2021
Houston
Parents have abdicated their duty to their own children. They are left to TV, video games, & other kids. No structure, responsibility, or religion. This is the result. In our Family, all children are taught firearms handling, safety, and responsibility early and continuously. "Accidentally" pointing a gun at a person is a mortal sin, and requires even more lessons. Our "schools" corrupt further and teach them to act upon "feelings" in ignorance. Teachers cannot replace missing PARENTING ! leVieux
That, and the endless reporting that goes on about each event. These kids are instantly famous, and these 24/7 reports just reinforces bad behavior on them

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jul 28, 2011
Cypress, TX
Eh, something’s fûcked up with the parents, too. There’s a lot of discipline around ‘no comment’ and ‘lawyer’ across all three.
I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment, but I sure as shit wouldn't be talking to anyone but a lawyer if I were in their shoes. As we all have seen, some police, some prosecutors, and the media are more than willing ruin people that haven't done anything wrong.

Reactions: gll

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment, but I sure as shit wouldn't be talking to anyone but a lawyer if I were in their shoes. As we all have seen, some police, some prosecutors, and the media are more than willing ruin people that haven't done anything wrong.

Who teaches their 15-year old kid “Look, when you get arrested, all you say to the cops is that you want a lawyer.”

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
Michigan School Shooting Suspect’s Parents Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter

The parents were called to the school on Tuesday, hours before the shooting, and told to get the teen counseling within 48 hours, citing disturbing images teachers found in his possession, the prosecutor’s office said. The parents left the school without the teen on the morning of the attack. About a half-hour after the shooting, at 1:22 p.m., his mother texted him, “Ethan, don’t do it,” according to the prosecutor’s office.

Probably paywalled: https://www.wsj.com/articles/michig...ged-with-involuntary-manslaughter-11638552325

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.
My stepdaughters are both over 30, and I still haven't told them that, lol.

Never claimed to be competent though...

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
Any competent parent?

Never thought of it that way.

We told both our kids they could call us anytime for anything. Unless they were in jail; whatever they did to end up there was not something they would have been taught by us. Actions have consequences and we tried to reinforce proactively asking for help instead of reacting to bad decisions.

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jul 28, 2011
Cypress, TX
Never thought of it that way.

We told both our kids they could call us anytime for anything. Unless they were in jail; whatever they did to end up there was not something they would have been taught by us. Actions have consequences and we tried to reinforce proactively asking for help instead of reacting to bad decisions.
I understand your sentiments, but unfortunately can't agree with the assumption that just because my child might be in trouble with the law (mind you they are only four and six right now), they are certainly in the wrong. Hell, kids are punished at schools and sometimes taken before a judge for defending themselves. Also, with as many law officials that don't know the law, it is very easy to get in trouble while being in the right.

Reactions: gll
Top Bottom