• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    How many people after the latest update have an unresponsive computer? My computer wouldn't boot, Googled the problem and I was right an update causes the computer into a boot loop. My brother has the same problem. Now our suspicious minds are working, are only Trump supporters or Republicans getting the problem? I can see Microsoft working with the Democrats to shut down our computer's. Unlikely yes but who knows.
    Target Sports

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    How many people after the latest update have an unresponsive computer? My computer wouldn't boot, Googled the problem and I was right an update causes the computer into a boot loop. My brother has the same problem. Now our suspicious minds are working, are only Trump supporters or Republicans getting the problem? I can see Microsoft working with the Democrats to shut down our computer's. Unlikely yes but who knows.

Mine is fine.

And I think the hypothesis is a little more far fetched that “unlikely”. Microsoft is always screwing stuff up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I've heard some bat-shit-crazy theory shit, but this is the best so far.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma

IMG_6974.JPG

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I’ve got 242 installed with no issues. Don’t have 229. That must the the Republican Computer Kill Switch update.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well, if nothing else this thread reminded me again that I need to start backing up my computer every now and then, so I finally did it.

Something good came of it.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Orrrr.... you can configure your system to indicate metered network and avoid them thair updates all together.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Well, if nothing else this thread reminded me again that I need to start backing up my computer every now and then, so I finally did it.

Something good came of it.

Exactly, I do a system image (not often enough) on a USB hard drive. I was able to get it working. I've since turned off updates.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Does the update identify you as a Trump voter by inspecting you emails first?
    I am not discounting the possibility, I just have confidence in MS's ability to screw up an update.
    I am certain that MS lacks the competence to selectively target computers based on the politics of the owner. I am also certain that MS lacks the competence to execute any measure of quality control on their updates.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I don't allow Windows to autoupdate. If I did, Windows 7 would have been gone long ago, and I HATE Windows 10 etc.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Everytime I use the computer since the update I hear this soft mantra, Biden, Biden, Biden. Its muted and soft. Probably beamed into my head thru the wifi.

Maybe cause my password across Microsoft is
    phuckcamletoewithbidenspenisimplant

Shit, now I gotta change my password.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Work and personal laptops have been updating fine though one big release last year took forever on my work laptop. Now my iphone updates are getting long and sometimes fail 1st time but work really needs to update my phone from an iphone 7 to something newer.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I don't allow Windows to autoupdate. If I did, Windows 7 would have been gone long ago, and I HATE Windows 10 etc.

Problem is with the latest update you can't turn off the updates, only delay them. (ASSholes) On Sat service and limited to 25gb down/month it's a PITA. My workaround is to delay the updates until the day before my ration of GB's reloads.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Problem is with the latest update you can't turn off the updates, only delay them. (ASSholes) On Sat service and limited to 25gb down/month it's a PITA. My workaround is to delay the updates until the day before my ration of GB's reloads.
    If you go into Control Panel/ Administrative Tools/ Services/ Windows Update turn off the service and set it to Disabled.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    When I was running Windoze, the first thing I did after an install, was disable system updates. Unlike linux or mac, windows updates break more than they fix.

Top Bottom