• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sina1919

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2020
    Hosuton
    Does anyone know where I can the tool that can open the triangle looking screws? Everywhere I have looked its been like $30 for it. Thanks for the help

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Does anyone know where I can the tool that can open the triangle looking screws? Everywhere I have looked its been like $30 for it. Thanks for the help
    Security bit set at Harbor Freight. I also used a #6 torx driver to open a really small one.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US

Also, depending on what the problem is, may not need to open it up (e.g. if just dirty/slow/etc., a spray-can of CLP works fantastic to get it back in good shape)

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You have a $200-$1,000 knife with a lifetime warranty as long as you don’t bubba it and you are concerned about $30 for the right tool to work on it?

ok.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    You have a $200-$1,000 knife with a lifetime warranty as long as you don’t bubba it and you are concerned about $30 for the right tool to work on it?

ok.
    ^this...

Thanks for the links guys and yes, it's really dirty. the blade gets stuck when it retracts.
    Don't open it, more than likely you'll just make it worse...

Get a spray can of CLP, then go through the following steps as many times as needed - should end up with the action working as well (or better) than when received:

1. spray the shit out of it, use the spray straw and angle the spray to try and hit the sliding channels (visible with blade retracted).

2. Work the action to extend & retract the blade.

3. With blade open (and using gloves), safely grip the blade and work in and out using your hand - should have about 1/4" or so of play, under spring tention.

4. Hold firmly with blade retracted and repeatedly swing it forward - (basic centrifugal force) to get as much dirt/clp out as possible.

5. Wipe off dirt/crud/solvent (with blade in both positions)

6. Repeat steps 1-5 until no more dirt in solvent

7. Repeat steps 4-5 until blade is mostly dry after extracting.

Finish any external detail cleaning, and you should be good to go!

Top Bottom