• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    So I’m in a center “extra legroom” seat in a 737-900 on my way home from Boston. I F’d up my reservation and the plane is full excepting one first class seat. I have big time status with United so I figured I’d check the cost of the last seat available in First…$1,990.00.

Looks like my big ass will be getting cozy for 4-1/2 hours.

Unbelievable.
    Gun Zone Deals

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    So I’m in a center “extra legroom” seat in a 737-900 on my way home from Boston. I F’d up my reservation and the plane is full excepting one first class seat. I have big time status with United so I figured I’d check the cost of the last seat available in First…$1,990.00.

Looks like my big ass will be getting cozy for 4-1/2 hours.

Unbelievable.
    Apparently not big enough status. When I was working and flying, a lot, I always got upgraded for free on American and Alaska. I was top tier on both. Now I am just some schmo on the airplane.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Last two times I flew, last year, are the last. I got stuck at Chicago Midway overnight, and then Boston Logan, again overnight. Another reason on that pile of reasons I retired.
    I haven't flown since I retired and have no desire to ever fly again. Each of my last flights seemed to get progressively worse. Now that my tsa precheck has expired an airline trip is even less desirable.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Apparently not big enough status. When I was working and flying, a lot, I always got upgraded for free on American and Alaska. I was top tier on both. Now I am just some schmo on the airplane.
    Right. There’s a status beyond me that is reserved for global hoppers. With United they’re the only folks that get a guaranteed upgrade to First.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    I was flying international monthly between 18 different countries on about every airline in existence. Sat next to goats, chickens and smelly people. Then the company realized how many of us were doing it and they began chartering 747’s just for us. That was awesome. I still had to take some sketchy puddle jumpers into several remote areas. Those long hauls, like to Indonesia, are really hard on my butt no matter what section I get. Retired now and my butt stays in recliner most the time.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    My flying ended when I rushed home trying to see my dad before he died. TSA wrecking air travel since their incept.
    Before TSA, I frequently flew to Taiwan and Japan. Normally I was able to choose seating which with extra leg room and comfortable for the extended flight times. During the last few years of flying the comfort level and service provided by the airlines has declined. I'm glad I don't have to endure the TSA and airlines ever again. Anywhere I choose to go is within driving range. as I won't have an ev.

Last edited:

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    I gave up my aisle seat across from my ex wife and daughters so a family of 3 could sit together on a recent flight into LAX, landed myself in a middle seat next to a smelly dude that seemed to fart the entire flight, still didn't think it was too big of a deal. I fly 6-8x a month for work, it is what it is, guess some of us just have different priorities when it comes to what we choose to whine about.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I got on a plane once and was stuck between two people that each weighed at least 400 lbs. I'm not small, but they were huge. They COULD NOT BUCKLE THEIR SAFETY BELTS. After the stupid safety demonstration, the flight attendants gave them those belts they use for the demonstration to ADD to their seat belts. It was a long flight and a meal was served. The only thought that got me through it was that if we crashed, I would survive will all the packing around me.

I used to love flying. When I was young and the company wanted someone to fly somewhere, I was the first to volunteer. Between the horrible decline of airline service, the TSA, the mask mandates, and the overcrowding, I would rather walk than fly.

Top Bottom