• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    I started this thread to give yall the inside scoop on guns that will be at the Academy in Midland, TX.

Today there are three Ruger SR22 pistols and two stainless Remington 1911s. There is also a Franchi semi 20

Tomorrow(Wednesday Oct16) there will be 3 Ruger 1911s and one Uberti 1873.
    Target Sports

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    What's the deal with the M&P Shields? I'm in Austin and the Academy's here seem not to have gotten one in several months. They won't take a name or deposit, they just say "keep checking back". Do y'all get any Shields, ever? Why won't Academy accept a deposit for one when they do come in?

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    What's the deal with the M&P Shields? I'm in Austin and the Academy's here seem not to have gotten one in several months. They won't take a name or deposit, they just say "keep checking back". Do y'all get any Shields, ever? Why won't Academy accept a deposit for one when they do come in?

You do understand that Stumpy is not a corporate executive of Academy right???

He's giving the forum notice of what he has right now at his gun counter in Midland.

GRV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    San Antonio
    I used to work at academy and it amazed me at how many calls about the shields we got everyday, at least 5.
    And you have to realize that academy doesn't function like a typical gun shop, associates do not know what will arrive on the trucks and do not have the power to special order, (except certain firearms) which is a new policy they were starting to offer when i left. They can't hold a firearm they do not have and even if they allowed you to put a deposit on it you would still be waiting forever in a day for it to arrive

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    You do understand that Stumpy is not a corporate executive of Academy right???

He's giving the forum notice of what he has right now at his gun counter in Midland.

If he doesn't know, that's fine, but it didn't seem like I asked about anything that only a corporate executive would be privvy to.

Besides, for all I know he may well be a corporate executive of Academy.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    If he doesn't know, that's fine, but it didn't seem like I asked about anything that only a corporate executive would be privvy to.

Besides, for all I know he may well be a corporate executive of Academy.

I work at the gun counter in Midland, TX.

Top Bottom