• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Noticed a pretty strongly worded sign behind the gun counter at Academy the other day detailing the consequences of employees putting back ammo.

In this atmosphere, I doubt any sporting goods store wants to become known as "that store" and are taking measures to avoid it.
    Guns International

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I was at an Academy the other day, not one damned price on any of the ammo. They need to put a price scanner in the ammo section if they are too lazy to price it.

I just happened to pick up one of the few ammo boxes that wasn't priced at academy. Turns out they do have a scanner at my locatioin, right by the ammo. Sucks for you i guess lol

300LW

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2009
    Brenham
    Even if you luck upon 22LR in stock at Midway they limit you to one brick. They then rape you on shipping, charging about $19 to Texas. I'm a bulk buyer so a brick at a time doesn't cut it.

RWS subsonic 22LR is in stock at Champion's Choice
    with no limit other than stock. $8.00/box or $7.25 in bulk. I know it's not cheap plinking ammo but my 452 loves it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yup, my too.

I use it to verify my suspicion that the bulk ammo is overpriced before I put it back on the shelf and walk away.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Big score at Tyler Gander Mountain yesterday. Selling 525 bricks for $24.99. Got mine for personal use only no resale but I'm sure it's already out there on some site for double the price. I am good to go for awhile.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Midway and their policies amidst the shortages of the last year have pretty much sucked. It is like they got taken over by morons bent on ruining the brand. Retroactive limits, no more dealer discounts, silly quantity restrictions. They are giving Cheaper-than-Dirt a run for their money on stupid.

Example:

1 40 round PMAG per customer at $18.95. S&H is $15.95. How about I just go buy a 10-pack from Brownells instead, Yeah that is what I did. Bye-bye Midway.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    If brownell would redesign their site to be easier to navigate I'd buy more often from them. I hate how they list every damn caliber for a bullet I'm looking at and dont list BCs and damn near any other pertinent information I'm looking for.

Top Bottom