• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I didn't think they were supposed to look so good...
    They look good when they are new and when they get refurbished!

My old base commander used to have a competition that promoted them to take care of the vehicles they called it Top Wheels
    It was bi-annual and each squadron would present their best looking vehicle of choice to the commander in a line up car show style.

My military policie squadron won like 3 years in a row.
    We cheated sort of..we would pull a nicer looking 4x4 like a Brocno or Ram off the duty line and take it into the shop and go thru it ordering new interiors..whatever it needed to look sharp. Our commander wanted that trophy and told us to win and he would fund it..

So I'm kinda re-living some old memories here..
    Gun Zone Deals

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    They look good when they are new and when they get refurbished!

My old base commander used to have a competition that promoted them to take care of the vehicles they called it Top Wheels
    It was bi-annual and each squadron would present their best looking vehicle of choice to the commander in a line up car show style.

My military policie squadron won like 3 years in a row.
    We cheated sort of..we would pull a nicer looking 4x4 like a Brocno or Ram off the duty line and take it into the shop and go thru it ordering new interiors..whatever it needed to look sharp. Our commander wanted that trophy and told us to win and he would fund it..

So I'm kinda re-living some old memories here..
    Your Commander didn’t fund chit, we did.
    Spraying bed liner on the interior has worked well for my Nephew……just a thought.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Well..yesterday I just bought Humvee #2.
    These things are way worse than Glocks or 1911s ever were on my wallet..lol

This one is is about 12 years newer version than my 1st and was up armored before.
    Part of the de-mil sale process is to remove the armor.
    This one has the 12K suspension, brakes, springs so it's pretty beefy.

It was rebuilt in 2010 and had a fresh new motor/trans installed
    It was stored right after that because it only hadls 29 miles on it since the rebuild.

Ill starta threadwhen I take possession of it 1st part of next week. But here is basically what it looks like.

It's a 2 man USMC unit with the troop seats
    Screenshot_20230802_180719_Chrome.jpg

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I have thought about them from time to time, but then I remember they are powered by those POS GM deisel engines.
    That's a deal killer for me.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    The auctions that I looked at required them to be demilled by they buyer at their expense. The demilling included cutting up the entire vehicle into little pieces. They had 80 Humvees and the high bid for the entire lot was $1500.00.

Have the requirements changed?

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have thought about them from time to time, but then I remember they are powered by those POS GM deisel engines.
    That's a deal killer for me.
    Yep.they blow up and burn down all the time..lol

Both mine have new GEP engines
    Blocks made by International Harvester and they are pretty much bulletproof
    I'm on alot of forums for Humvees and nobody hardly ever post about engine problems

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    The auctions that I looked at required them to be demilled by they buyer at their expense. The demilling included cutting up the entire vehicle into little pieces. They had 80 Humvees and the high bid for the entire lot was $1500.00.

Have the requirements changed?
    Demil is done by Gov Planet prior to them being offered for sale

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

My very first U S Army assignment was to the RRAD, near the Lone Star Ammo Plant b/t New Boston & Texarkana.

I clearly recall the Officer who did my orientation took me to an open field where hundreds of intact “deuce-&-a-half” trucks were stored, parked out in the open.

He told that they were returned from overseas, mostly Vietnam, completely disassembled, re-machined & restored to original mil-spec, then just parked to rust & rot. Said he’d never seen one taken out for new service assignment.

<>

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Yep.they blow up and burn down all the time..lol

Both mine have new GEP engines
    Blocks made by International Harvester and they are pretty much bulletproof
    I'm on alot of forums for Humvees and nobody hardly ever post about engine problems
    GEP assembles the purpose-built motor and trans, just for that specific vehicle. Story is they have to make all their profit on the assemblies, because (almost) nobody ever buys parts.

Top Bottom