• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    there is still no defined link between us and apes. T

Look into our 23 pairs of chromosomes and the #2a and #2b chromosomes of the other hominids (like chimps) that have 24 pairs of crhomosomes.

Pretty definitive evidence that we evolved from earlier primates.

To overstate the obvious......there is no tenable alternative theory of where homo sapiens came from.
    ARJ Defense ad

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Intelligent design continues to be an intriguing hypothesis with zero supportive evidence.

It exists in the same realm as the theory of SpongeBob living in a pineapple under the sea.

Wow! What a pompous and condescending statement!

Documented miracles witnessed throughout time by thousands of people not withstanding, you just put millions of people who believe in a higher power it the same category as a 5 year old watching cartoons.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    I don’t know how much I agree with this. Without bringing my spiritual beliefs into the discussion, suffice it to say I don’t believe we humans “evolved” from other creatures on this rock.

Before you argue the point, I ask you to consider is this one question:

If we evolved on this planet from the “primordial ooze”, why is it we humans are the one creature on this blue rock that cannot live without changing our environment (we need shelter), eat most things other critters can without boiling or cooking, or see in the dark on a planet that has night almost half the time?

I’ll ignore and won’t even ask why our sense of smell, hearing, or eyesight suck compared to other creatures, or why human babies are so fragile and helpless compared to other mammals.

I refuse to accept arguments about our mastery of fire or how we learned to build structures or even that we became farmers. That stuff hasn’t (supposedly) happen d that recently, and evolution does not work that fast to take those important abilities completely away.

I didn’t say anything about evolution.

I reject the premise that humanity is some sort of virus on the natural world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I didn’t say anything about evolution.

I reject the premise that humanity is some sort of virus on the natural world.

Why? I think it's pretty obvious that we aren't helping the natural world. We are actually destroying it.

We are poisoning the air, water, and land. The more advanced we get the more damage we cause and it's only getting worse.

Which part of this earth have we improved? What have we really made better?

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    @Dawico, I would argue that as our technology increases we are doing less harm. The more a country becomes a modern industrial state we have fewer harmful emissions. As we progress we find better and cleaner ways of maximizing efficiency. The most detrimental issue is human greed when it comes to processes, cheaper is not always better/efficient.

I do not know where in Lampasas you are, but here, there have been many improvements since the 70's.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Why? I think it's pretty obvious that we aren't helping the natural world. We are actually destroying it.

We are poisoning the air, water, and land. The more advanced we get the more damage we cause and it's only getting worse.

Which part of this earth have we improved? What have we really made better?

Every organism produces waste.

I reject the idea that the Earth is somehow better off without humanity. To me, that’s a horribly dark philosophy.

I like the human race. I happen to be a human. I don’t fantasize about the Earth being devoid of humanity.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    @Dawico, I would argue that as our technology increases we are doing less harm. The more a country becomes a modern industrial state we have fewer harmful emissions. As we progress we find better and cleaner ways of maximizing efficiency. The most detrimental issue is human greed when it comes to processes, cheaper is not always better/efficient.

I do not know where in Lampasas you are, but here, there have been many improvements since the 70's.

I don't equate doing less harm with actually doing good for the planet.

Besides that, look at how many more "clean" factories we have now than in the '70s. While each factory is cleaner there are ten times as many.

And really that's just the US. Many countries haven't made the progress we have as far as less emissions but they are still making more factories.

Take it to a simpler level and just drive around. How much land is being plowed under to make new homes, roads, and businesses? Land that hasn't really been touched since the beginning of time.

We are destroying fields, farmland, and forests so we can spread.

We are digging huge holes in the earth so we can make batteries for our "clean" battery operated vehicles. Is that really helping the earth and nature? That's without even considering the fuel burned to dig these holes.

Take my truck as another example. My '97 diesel used half the diesel to do the same work as my newer "cleaner" truck. While the fuel is burning cleaner it takes twice as much to move the same distance. Is this really progress?

Look at the total number of vehicles on the road compared to the '70s. Yes, they burn fuel cleaner but look at just how many more there are. Is that improving the earth?

I could give similar examples in every facet of our lives all day long.

Nothing we do is to truly save the Earth. It is all to keep it habitable for humans. We save the Earth so we can survive here. We don't care about the Earth, we care about ourselves and our survival.

Viruses eventually kill their host and that is the path we are on.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Every organism produces waste.

I reject the idea that the Earth is somehow better off without humanity. To me, that’s a horribly dark philosophy.

I like the human race. I happen to be a human. I don’t fantasize about the Earth being devoid of humanity.

Don't get me wrong, I don't fantasize about the Earth being devoid of humanity either. I like being here too.

It may be a horribly dark philosophy but it is the truth.

We do nothing to make the Earth a better place that doesn't have our own self preservation as the ultimate goal.

Dan_Reidy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2018
    Texas Hill Country
    Pigs, by most measures, a smarter that horses.

Come say hi. I'll be the guy with the protest sign in the bacon section in the Wimberely HEB tomorrow.

Both the earth and most humans would be healthier if we all ate less animal protein but, damn, I love bacon!
    Stand Strong!
    986265b3e05013a3bc25da77a84a8540.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 986265b3e05013a3bc25da77a84a8540.jpg
      986265b3e05013a3bc25da77a84a8540.jpg
      51.6 KB · Views: 232

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    We do nothing to make the Earth a better place that doesn't have our own self preservation as the ultimate goal.
    What’s wrong with that? Every organism’s primary goals are self preservation and preservation of its offspring.

We’re the only organism that creates parks and programs to help preserve other species.

Throughout the history of the Earth there have been countless species which have caused the extinction of other species.

I, along with everyone else, want clean air and water as well as preservation of the environment, because it benefits humanity.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Brazilian Rain Forest

Flushing your reactors cooling water into the sea

No one ever fussed about the Shuttle but everytime they lit those solid boosters they puked out enough crap to account for operating every car in the US for a period of time. I forget how long, a week, a month, a year, somethin.

Yea, some of this shit bothers me.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Brazilian Rain Forest

Flushing your reactors cooling water into the sea

No one ever fussed about the Shuttle but everytime they lit those solid boosters they puked out enough crap to account for operating every car in the US for a period of time. I forget how long, a week, a month, a year, somethin.

Yea, some of this shit bothers me.

...and the pollution from ships is orders of magnitude more than all automobiles combined.

https://www.statista.com/chart/18351/emissions-from-cruise-ships-and-cars-in-european-port-cities/

https://medium.com/@victoria27/here...tainers-and-freight-trucks-cause-b358cb034c70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom