• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Im in the military and just moved here, I have a washington state CPL which is reconginzed by texas Ive heard that some dealers wont sell pistols to military even with our orders drivers licenses (out of state) and our CPLs. Ive never had this problem in other state I show my orders my drivers license and maybe a piece of mail, any one else expierence this or know why this is (Ive only had one other buddy come down here from my last duty station he had this problem)
    Gun Zone Deals

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I've never heard of anyone in the military having this problem in San Antonio, and I never had it when I was on active duty. I would press to get more details from your buddy who allegedly claimed this happened to him, many times there are some facts to the matter that aren't always shared initially.

Of course, any dealer can refuse to sell a weapon to someone; but it doesn't make sense in your case as with your orders you are eligible (they show proof of residency).
    By the way, welcome to Texas!

Cheers! M2

Zombie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Brownwood/El Paso
    Where are you serving at? Bliss or Hood? I know in Ft.Bliss we have El Paso Gun Exchange which is very soldier friendly. Only thing you need is Military ID and copy of orders.

walt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Im replying to this from my buddys house (the one that had this problem) we talked about and he said that they told him they would sell him a long gun but not a pistol. Im not sure if it is appropriate to name names if you PM me or if a moderator thinks otherwise I will post the two shops ( i'm new and dont want to step on toes ya know). They are near houston he is a recruiter here (we are both navy stationed together at our last post) Im stationed at JRB in fort worth.

I havent tried to buy a gun yet but will in the next couple weeks, was just wondering if anyone else has seen of heard or expierenced this either.... thanks all again

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Im in the military and just moved here, I have a washington state CPL which is reconginzed by texas Ive heard that some dealers wont sell pistols to military even with our orders drivers licenses (out of state) and our CPLs. Ive never had this problem in other state I show my orders my drivers license and maybe a piece of mail, any one else expierence this or know why this is (Ive only had one other buddy come down here from my last duty station he had this problem)

I've never had an issue in Texas purchasing a firearm while presenting my out of state Driver's License and a copy of my orders.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Have him go back and ask why they won't sell to him. Be nice and polite, but I'm thinking that maybe it's ignorance on the dealers part.

In San Angelo and San Antonio and the Ft Hood areas, we see a LOT of military, so most if not all of the dealers are aware. In the DFW area, I would dare say that a lot of the dealers have probably never had to deal with this, so might not be as sharp about that portion of the law as dealers in other parts of the state that see military on a daily basis.

He might want to take copies of the law in with him. Do a search on the forum, we've had this dicussion before and it seems someone copied the law into that thread.

If all else fails, go somewhere else!

Welcome to Texas!

walt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Thanks all I will forward him the thread and do some researching in the other threads or for the law it self, appreciated!

Top Bottom