Join TexasGunTalk

MIlitary Service is not a right

Discussion in 'Military Vets' started by Inspector43, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Inspector43

Inspector43 Everything I Own Is Paid For

Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    I got this today from a member of my VVA Chapter. A reliable source.

Trey Gowdy , a former South Carolina Congressman, responded to a question from a CNN reporter about the ban of transgenders from joining the U.S. armed forces. As Trey typically does so very well, he nailed it rather succinctly.

Question: How can President Trump claim to represent all U.S citizens, regardless of sexual orientation, when he banned transgenders from joining the military? Isn't that discrimination?

Trey Gowdy's Response: Nobody has a right to serve in the Military. Nobody! What makes you people think the Military is an equal opportunity employer? It is very far from it - and for good reasons - let me cite a few"

The Military uses prejudice regularly and consistently to deny citizens from joining for being too old or too young, too fat or too skinny, too tall or too short. Citizens are denied for having flat feet, or for missing or additional fingers." he went on to explain: "By the way, poor eyesight will disqualify you, as well as bad teeth. Malnourished? Drug addiction?

Bad back? Criminal history? Low IQ? Anxiety? Phobias? Hearing damage? Six arms? Hear voices in your head? Self-identification as a Unicorn? Need a special access ramp for your wheelchair?"

"Can't run the required course in the required time? Can't do the required number of push-ups? Not really a morning person? and refuse to get out of bed before noon? All can be legitimate reasons for denial"

"The Military has one job: Winning War. Anything else is a distraction and a liability. Did someone just scream? That isn't Fair? War is VERY unfair, there are no exceptions made for being special or challenged or socially wonderful."

"YOU must change yourself to meet Military standards and not the other way around."

"I say again: You don't change the Military - you must change yourself. The Military is not about being fair, it is about taking advantage of others and about winning.

The Military doesn't need to accommodate anyone with special issues. The Military needs to Win Wars and keep our Country safe - PERIOD!"

"If any of your personal issues are a liability that detract from readiness or lethality... Thank you for applying and good luck in future endeavors."

".Any other questions?"

tact, GoPappy, pronstar and 13 others like this.
  2. Army 1911

Army 1911 TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I am surprised the reporter let him talk long enough to say all that.

TxStetson and Inspector43 like this.
  3. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    You go Gowdy

Inspector43 likes this.
  4. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    The Military is a dictatorship
    That is how it has to be.
    They have to discriminate
    Deal with it or FOAD

5. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    It's nice to hear non PC truth every once in a while.

I hope they never cave.

6. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I hope this story is true & not just made for the internet but my b.s. detector is screaming loudly.

TheMailMan likes this.
  7. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
  8. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
  9. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Regardless of who actually said it, it is the truth.
    The military is there to win armed battles. You can not do it from a safe place and the enemy does not not care about gender confusion or choices.
    And a rainbow flag would make a dandy target.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

10. Army 1911

Army 1911 TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    The military is 4/5ths progressive.

Your left, your left your left right left.

Big Green and TxStetson like this.