sonofabitch.jpg
    Military Camp

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Wow! I knew the guy that meme was designed to make fun of.

Didn't we all? ( at least the ground pounders did). The last one I had to deal with was after I had my 3rd stripe. I watched my map and kept my pace count. When it got close to time for us to return from patrol and it was beyond obvious he was lost, I asked him if I could take over and practice my navigation. He saw that as an out for not getting blamed for getting lost. I shot an azimuth back to camp because it was time for bed.

2nd platoon also had a new butter bar. We heard from them an hour after we returned stating they were lost and needed directions back. The moon was on their left and he wanted to know which way to go.

My butter bar was sitting there listening to the conversation and everyone laughing at the other guy. I never had a problem with him at all. He learned quick.

But when every time I see that picture, I still laugh and think of him.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    My Pop was one of the toughest, and fairest Men I have ever known. A Top Seargent. The kind to tell a Div CSM to stick it.
    One day my brother and I were in his orderly room and he was barking orders and directing everyone. Including the CO and XO. After it calmed down, my brother remarked "you act like you are some kind of god or something. The CO and XO stuck their heads out of their office doors with a panicked look. They were sure Pop was going to kill him.
    He calmly looked at my brother and said, indicating the officers, "not at all. That is God and that is Gods assistant. It's my job to keep them out of trouble and see that they don't screw things up and they get done correctly." To which they nodded emphatically.
    Pop would not use the F word. Or even say FUBAR. If Mom found out she would have washed his mouth out with soap.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom