• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Just got info off the Army News, benefits, careers, entertainment, photos, promotions - Army Times HOME web site and another web site that the 3rd Infantry, 1st Brigade Combat team will be used for DHS missions in America for possible crowd control and humanitarian purposes starting Oct 1st. They will be deploying never used before nonlethal weapon package. This is going against Sec 1385 of Posse Comitatus, which was repealed by John Warner with HR 4986 in The National Defense Authorization Act for 2008 which reverts it to the Insurrection Act of 1807. any JAG people out there. I see using National Guard for emergencies, but The Federal Military? Are they expecting protest against the bailout and are our Guard troops streached that thin?
    Texas SOT

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    This is disturbing. DHS missions, crowd control, etc. These are all part of the reason that each State maintains its own National Guard. The State of Texas has more than enough MP units to handle just about anything, not to mention infantry and even an SF unit. And no, our Guard units are not stretched that thin, although for the first time since WWII we are taking on a very large part of wwhat is supposed to be the active Army's position overseas. I think the only reason that this particular unit is going to take on such a role is the introduction of several "new" non-lethal sytems (infra-red, microwave, laser and sonic devices)

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Maybe they're expecting McCain to win the election and the subsequent rioting in urban areas?

Fatimah Ali of the Philidelphia Daily News said on Sep. 2, "If McCain wins, look for a full-fledged race and class war, fueled by a deflated and depressed country, soaring crime, homelessness - and hopelessness!"
    I don't know if she meant this statement as a prediction or a threat, but either way she said it.

Fatimah Ali: We need Obama, not 4 more years of George Bush | Philadelphia Daily News | 09/02/2008

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    People think it won't happen, our own military could never be used against us right? Unfortunately it has already happened, and it is already currently happening in places around the country. It is an escalation, and it's only a matter of time before things turn from non-lethal force into deadly force. All of us that value our rights truly should be afraid. I hate to sound like the tinfoil hat crowd, however the unfortunate reality is it's plainly obvious where this country is going. I can honestly say that within the next century or less, the corrupt politicians steering all of this unconstitutional mess are going to force us into another civil war or revolution. Lets hope it doesn't come to that and that things can be solved bureaucratically. Slowly but surely though, I'm still preparing for the worst case.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    People think it won't happen, our own military could never be used against us right? Unfortunately it has already happened, and it is already currently happening in places around the country. It is an escalation, and it's only a matter of time before things turn from non-lethal force into deadly force. All of us that value our rights truly should be afraid. I hate to sound like the tinfoil hat crowd, however the unfortunate reality is it's plainly obvious where this country is going. I can honestly say that within the next century or less, the corrupt politicians steering all of this unconstitutional mess are going to force us into another civil war or revolution. Lets hope it doesn't come to that and that things can be solved bureaucratically. Slowly but surely though, I'm still preparing for the worst case.

Come on everybody.... say it.... Alex Jones was right.... there , that wasn't so hard was it?

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    I'm pretty sure that this would be vaguely unconstitutional. States have the right to use the National Guard as they see fit, because they are "state controlled militia". Federal military forces used as a policing force in the united states is something I though could only happen when martial law is declared.

This whole proposal reeks if illegality.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    There are fixing to be protests in 41 states. The president has made arrangements that will allow Canada's military to intervene in case of a insurrection or emergency. U.N. peacekeepers will be used. Out the door is our military refusing illegal orders, they will pass out food and water, probably at detention camps. This is coming from the U.N. Go pull up their site and read Agenda 21 and look for other parts of their constitution. One section suggests a 80% population reduction. We should of got out of that years ago. They have a revolver with a twisted barrel in front of the U.N. building.
    Those who beat their swords into plows will plow for those who don't. Thomas Jefferson

longtooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Lufkin, Texas

My son just retired from the Air Force. I told him at least 10 yrs age that there would come a day when Military would have to decide to enforce unconstitutional & tyrannical oppression or get court marshaled.
    That day is upon us.

kaidorsai

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Ft. Hood, TX
    There are fixing to be protests in 41 states. The president has made arrangements that will allow Canada's military to intervene in case of a insurrection or emergency. U.N. peacekeepers will be used. Out the door is our military refusing illegal orders, they will pass out food and water, probably at detention camps. This is coming from the U.N. Go pull up their site and read Agenda 21 and look for other parts of their constitution. One section suggests a 80% population reduction. We should of got out of that years ago. They have a revolver with a twisted barrel in front of the U.N. building.

You are kidding, right?

If not. that is the most fouled up piece of trash I have ever read. UN Peacekeepers will never be used in the United States. The UN has no jurisdiction in the United States. The Canadiens wouldnt come here in the first place. While no the strongest of forces, they do have a sense of honor that some folks on this board seem to have misplaced. I normally dont say a whole lot to the "Black Helicopter" crowd, but I will not allow you to impugn the honor and integrity of the Armed Forces I serve proudly in.

I looked on the Army Times Website and could not find any mention of your subject. Please provide a link, or some substantive proof of the claims.

USAF has been testing several Non lethal technologies, including an area denial weapon that has been tested and profiled on FutureWeapons. I think some folks are just seeing conspiracies where there are none.

Les
    :patriot:

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    kaidorsai, I hope that you are right and I am wrong. This is not meant to dishonor our brave troops. My nephew started out in Iraq, and is now in Afhganistan. I'm concerned that our leaders know that they are very unpopular right now and might try to misuse the military That would be a sad day. They swore to an oath to defend against enemies foriegn or domestic, and are bound by a higher call. Pray for divine intervention. If troops refused the people would back them up.
    Protests: www.news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080926/us_nm/us_financial_protests
    Troops www.prison planet.com Scroll down to troops
    www.armytimes.com/news/2008/09/army_homeland_090708w/ Brigade homeland tours start Oct 1st
    Fatimah Ali with the www.philly.com/dailynews/opinions/20080902Fatimah_Ali_We_need_Obama_not_4_more_years_of _George_Bush html. she talks of a race war if Obama loses.
    www.af.mil/news/story/.asp?storyID=123117765

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    CNN has reported that 4700 troops have been taken fron Iraq and will be stationed in Georgia,USA. Why Georgia? I know they have been short of gas there and water is low in Lake Lanier.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Umm.. that's where Fort Benning is, as well as Gordon, and a few more bases as well. The South Eastern United States probably has the largest concentration of US army bases.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Army Times called normal troop rotation, so our men get a break from the hell hole over there. They sure need the R&R. That in itself doesn't bother me.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Those who beat their swords into plows will plow for those who don't. Thomas Jefferson

If I said what I want to say, I'd likely get banned. Maybe I should just say it anyway. :mad:

Can you cite credible sources for anything you've posted?? Why not start with the sinister protests in 41 states. Other than the protests in recent past in 41 states like protesting the bail out and the 2004 election; both by specific groups.

I'll kick this party off. The following is Agenda 21 summarized, directly from the United Nations web-site. Please point out where Canadian Military or UN Peace Keepers are going to be running our streets while our Military is passing out popcorn and cool-aid. ;) How does cutting down a tree to build a parking lot or throwing down a Styrofoam cup in a forest and disturbing the eco-system lead to an 80% population reduction, detention camps and the US giving orders to enforce illegal law?

Agenda 21 is a comprehensive plan of action to be taken globally, nationally and locally by organizations of the United Nations System, Governments, and Major Groups in every area in which human impacts on the environment.

Agenda 21, the Rio Declaration on Environment and Development, and the Statement of principles for the Sustainable Management of Forests were adopted by more than 178 Governments at the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED) held in Rio de Janerio, Brazil, 3 to 14 June 1992.

The Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD) was created in December 1992 to ensure effective follow-up of UNCED, to monitor and report on implementation of the agreements at the local, national, regional and international levels. It was agreed that a five year review of Earth Summit progress would be made in 1997 by the United Nations General Assembly meeting in special session.

The full implementation of Agenda 21, the Programme for Further Implementation of Agenda 21 and the Commitments to the Rio principles, were strongly reaffirmed at the World Summit on Sustainable Development (WSSD) held in Johannesburg, South Africa from 26 August to 4 September 2002.

Your turn.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Too many shalls and wills in that document that does not promote our freedoms and liberties, just more foriegn rules. The Constittution states that the government shall not sign treaties that would supercede our Supreme Law of the Land. U.N. Trade agreements. N.A.U.That ole peice of paper. All the no smoking signs did is dry up business. More butts on the sidewalk. The tree cutting affects landowner rights, and dictates to the property owner how he can use his property. Further implementatation of Agenda 21, is coming. That was a summary of the U.N. Constitution not just 21. You read the whole thing and come back. It is their restrictions on our soveignty. The U.N. is the problem, not the solution.
    In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    This conversation mentions nothing of the things you just mentioned. I'm responding , you are reacting. Is that all you have, unfounded allegations, funny you mentioned it. See you behind the fences.

Top Bottom