Lynx Defense

Millennials and Gen Z are about to really be stressed - Adderall is running short

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    When I was in grade school, I got bored easily with the lessons. Instead of fighting my ADHD, they would move me to higher grades for Math, History and reading. This was to keep me challenged. This started in the first grade.

ETA: There were three of us they did that with. I think a lot of school ADHD is just boredom with the repetitious nature of teaching.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I don't recall ever being challenged in a classroom.
    Bored? All through school.

Honestly, between, football, wrestling, GT English, college level physics, statistics, and calculus, i was pretty busy. I wasn’t the smartest one in my classes, but a couple went to Stanford, one got a full ride to UT after MIT rejected him.

I had some fairly rigorous classes available. This was a public HS, too.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    I’ve seen the modern parenting in action. Kids out of control, tantrums, screaming, running around senseless. I think you are right, this is a parenting issue. As such, those parents need a good arse whooping. As for the kids, I guess we will soon see see how growing up with with time-outs and participation trophies shaped their lives as adults.

We’ve been seeing and living it for far too long.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Psychopharmocology became really big in the late 80s. That's when they really started prescribing the SSRIs SSNRIs and behavior modification drugs. That's when traditional behavior modification went the way of the dodo. Really unfortunate too.

Allowing GPs to medicate mental illnesses without the expertise to diagnose and treat mental illness is one of the greater tragedies in American healthcare.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    If parents would get out and do things in the real world with their kids I think there would be a lot less need for Adderall and the like. Instead of handing them a "device", take them outdoors, make em do chores, play sports or do something physical.

Recently I was out on a family trip at the lake. I brought fishing poles and an inflatable raft. Although I have no kids of my own, uncle Texmex had them out fishing day after day for hours and they all loved it. Boys and girls alike. I topped that off with a healthy dose of classic country, the Judd's, Merle, Hank sr, Cash, earl Thomas Conley, mel McDaniels, Sawyer brown, George, Rodney Crowell, Eddie rabbit and many more. I bombarded them with it for 3 days straight and didn't get a single complaint.

I know for certain their city folk parents haven't exposed them to any of it. We waded through low water, paddled around and fished throughout the day. The kids got an hour after lunch to bug out then they were sent back out to nature. It felt good to be with them since I don't see them that often and even better when one of their dad's told me their favorite part of the trip was fishing with Uncle Texmex.

The best medication is a little fun in the sun and taking some time to breathe in the outdoors.

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    Let me guess… you take Adderall? :roflsmile:
    Violence solves all sorts of issues. Has throughout history.
    I do not take nor have I ever Adderall.

I agree that violence solves issues and I’m comfortable with it’s proper application. Violence towards children is not acceptable.

Top Bottom